It's All My Fault

Old 07-30-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's All My Fault

My AH twists everything like a pretzle!! Everything I say he has he turns around and WOW, the craziness I am feeling is just that CRAZY!!! I did get some good advice today:

until he can admit it he will do everything he can to make everything seem fine. He doesn’t want to admit that it is him so he passes the blame to you to make you feel like it is your fault. Until you cut him off and stop allowing him to keep hurting you like this he will keep making you feel like it is his fault. He needs someone to blame other than himself.

Its still so hard!!! I am holding onto the anger right now, but maybe I am actually letting myself feel the anger!!! In the past after the binges I end up having to blow it off, being the one who just says ok and accepts the behavior. I moved out a month ago, but still helping with bills. I am in the process of taking my name off everything and calling an attorney.

BUT it still hurts in the pit of my stomach!!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enodm View Post
My AH twists everything like a pretzle!! Everything I say he has he turns around and WOW, the craziness I am feeling is just that CRAZY!!! I did get some good advice today:

until he can admit it he will do everything he can to make everything seem fine. He doesn’t want to admit that it is him so he passes the blame to you to make you feel like it is your fault. Until you cut him off and stop allowing him to keep hurting you like this he will keep making you feel like it is his fault. He needs someone to blame other than himself.

Its still so hard!!! I am holding onto the anger right now, but maybe I am actually letting myself feel the anger!!! In the past after the binges I end up having to blow it off, being the one who just says ok and accepts the behavior. I moved out a month ago, but still helping with bills. I am in the process of taking my name off everything and calling an attorney.

BUT it still hurts in the pit of my stomach!!
Anger is fine. There are many people afraid of anger, but not me. Call the attorney and let him know about it. When he sees you arent mucking around, if he is the typical alcoholic, it will disturb him.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

of course it hurts.

but it will get better.

you will begin to see things for what they are, but it is important that you put some time and distance between the two of you.

he will not stop blaming you, it will mean that he has to take a look at himself.

That will not happen in active addiction.

Let the feelings come up and out, it will get better, but it does take time.

I feel for you. Katie