Notices

new to recovery

Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to recovery

hi. i have been abusing percs everyday for the last 3 years, recently i have been using heroin and am scared to death of my addiction. i have been going to na meetings for the last 2 months and they have really helped me get a control over my use, but my goal is to just become drug free and not having to worry about controlling my use and not having obsessive thoughts of drugs going through my head all the time. i want to quit for good. my problem is i can only get a few days together and than i will pick up again and so on. can anyone give me some advice on ways to overcome my addiction and start living a drug free life. when i decided to quit i really didnt realize how hard it was going to be and am starting to feel hopeless. thanks for any help offered.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

new to recovery

also i dont have health insurance so rehab is not an option.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

By get a few days together I assume that you mean that you are able to make it a few days off of everything, right?

If that is the case then I would say that you already have something good to work off of. I had never made it past 24 hours for a number of years, but eventually made it past the acute withdrawal earlier this year.

In your past attempts what was it that triggered the relapse? If there are some specific patterns that you can identify perhaps you can start by making sure that you don't repeat them.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Salvation Army has free rehab that I've been told is pretty good. You might want to explore that.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi again....

I replied to your post in Newcomers as have other members
There are some good links there with info.
Glad you shared here too and
please do read the Newcomers thread
Old 07-30-2012, 12:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Most states will also foot the bill for treatment. Call your state's aid office.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Detox centers in many states accept you with or without insurance, and some charge you on a sliding scale based upon your income. The one in my city is like some hospitals---they can't refuse you on the basis of a lack of funds. They simply send you a bill. I'd definitely look into going to a detox center.