Forgive, Then Move On

Old 07-29-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Forgive, Then Move On

Rick Warren's Daily Hope devotion fit me today. Sharing in case it might be inspiring to others as well: Forgive, Then Move On
Old 07-29-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

definitely needed to read this this afternoon, codie. i'm having such a hard time forgiving my xabf for all of the horrible accusations, stinging words, and ridiculous behavior. and i'm having a hard time forgiving myself for the insecurities i brought into the relationship that kept me hanging onto someone so clearly incapable of giving me the love i deserve.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup, yup, shawty, know exactly whatcha mean! Even out of the sorry situation, I get stuck analyzing myself. At almost 52yo, I've yet to experience a truly functional partnership with a man. It's hard to keep from believing that there is something inherently wrong with me. Yet, those books that encourage me listing every bad event or insecurity since childhood and engage in activities to appease the 'inner child' just don't do it for me. However, this did:

"Letting what happened to you in the past define your identity is like driving a car looking into the rearview mirror. You're going to crash. You have to face the future and resume living. It doesn’t matter as much where you’ve been as it does where you’re headed."
Old 07-29-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No. Not to this soon to be x of an AW....."Living well is the best revenge" and "Revenge is a dish that is best served cold" are two mottos I live by, when slighted or crossed.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As long as you focus on someone you resent, that person controls you. You're worrying about something he or she has already forgotten about.
This is so true, especially when dealing with an alcoholic who doesn't remember anything the morning after. Thanks CodieBird!

--------------------------------------

Another favourite proverb of mine:

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."
- Confucius
Old 07-30-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
No. Not to this soon to be x of an AW....."Living well is the best revenge" and "Revenge is a dish that is best served cold" are two mottos I live by, when slighted or crossed.
Your resounding anger and bitterness reminds me of my ex. He is not known for living well or happily. It would be my preference that you refrain from dive bombing my threads.