Just for you

Old 07-28-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just for you

We know how hard it can be having to deal with an addict, whether a family member, lover or friend. We spend so much time on the addict and their issues that we forget about ourselves and at times their addictions consumes us. So, I want to know about you. What are somethings you love to do that make you happy and or maybe somethings you have always wanted to do just for you.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read and bookstores and gave up reading when I was dealing with my addict. I never had time to finish a book with all the drama and often still have to remind myself that it's okay if I go to the bookstore and hang out a while because I don't have to go run and pick him up or deal with his drama. I've always wanted to travel to Scotland and yesterday put away my first little bit of money to save and I mean like 10 bucks. LOL but hey it is a start and I like being able to work towards this little dream in my mind.

So how about all of you? What are you going to do for yourselves or that you really would like to do for yourselves?
Old 07-28-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I also love to read and stopped because the addict had to have all attention on him all the time. I love to garden and do yardwork in peace. I also stopped that because the addict would get high and go outside and do yardwork like a maniac, constantly talking and doing things completely out of order. So I stopped doing that too.

Still trying to get back into the swing of things since he left 2 months ago. It's very difficult, as I was forced to abandon myself so long ago.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

PS You can do Scotland relatively cheaply if you like adventure. You can do a hop-on hop-off tour bus and you can stay in hostels.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I like gardening as well but hate cutting grass!!! My addict did most everything high and either he was a maniac like yours when he did it or just dropped things and broke them constantly and spilled stuff everywhere!

It is hard to get back into the swing of things for sure! I can understand that. It took me quite a while to even go out and buy a pair of earrings or anything little like that for myself. My addict had taken all my money and time and I went so long without doing anything for myself that I completely forgot that i existed at times but we do exist and we need to remind ourselves that we are deserving of happiness!

I'm looking into flights and all that. It will be quite a long time I imagine before I can make it there but I'm going to do it one day I tells ya!!!!