Its over

Old 07-27-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its over

My AH texted me this morning he is moving his tools out to the house he is living in this tells me it is over. I am so sad but there is also a sense of relief that I will not have to live on this roller coaster anymore. Wants to arrange for us to discuss things . Don't know if this is what I should do. Have not seen or spoken to him in a few weeks. Would like to be able to do this in a civil and less expensive manner. From what I can get from my son that is living with him he is not drinking but we all know that could change. It seems being around me is his excuse to drink although i do get that it is not my fault. To all of you in the early stages of marriage. It does not get better get out before you have children and if you have them already get out before it can hurt them anymore believe me it has hurt them. I wish all of you peace. I am now on the road to my own recovery, i fear it will be long but well worth the effort. Thanks to all the people on SR. I will keep sharing and reading it all helps on my road
Old 07-27-2012, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Best of Luck

Be strong! And I agree when you say thanks to this group on SR - they have given me strength and hope, and peace of mind knowing I have 'friends' I can communicate with whenever I need them. My situation, as I've said before, is not nearly as bad as many of the other members' here - but it is bad enough that I need to come to this place. And I have a 2 year-old who needs to have a normal, healthy childhood experience. I know that no childhood is free from pain and bad stuff - heck, that's how we learn to grow and be strong. But I will protect him from things he doesn't need to know about. And an alcoholic parent is one of them.

I struggle with this everyday, and how I should plan for him and I for our future
Old 07-27-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry it is ending up this way. But on the other hand, thinks its probably best in the end. Alcoholics just don't make good relationship partners.

Take good, gentle care of yourself.
~T
Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for your loss but I think you will be better off in the end, if you can remind yourself of that. The roller coaster sucks, I have been there.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you

Everyone who posts knows the pain we have all been thru. I too felt the way you do that it was not as bad as the others. My AH does have a great job and a 30 year career to be proud of. So his feeling was what he did on his own time was a reward for all the hard work he did in his job. He provided the boys and I everything we could ever want except for emotionally. He still does not get the emotional abuse part. Thanks to my counselor I am slowly working on myself and know I will be much happier in the future. I am only sorry that it took me so long