Notices

Hello

Old 07-27-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi,

Been 'sober' since Monday.

My life has collapsed around me. We wife has told me she is not coming back from England to the Middle East where I work and she is keeping my beautiful children. I just want them all back in my life.

Feel wretched and helpless and very lonely.

Enough is enough though. I have to get this drinking sorted once and for all.

Be strong.

D
Old 07-27-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Welcome to SR! Do you have a plan? Have you considered AA or another program to help you?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
DAB

Welcome, Loftsprite!
Hang in there!
You deserve to stay sober, you have earned it.
Miracles can happen, let a power greater than yourself take control.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I'm sorry to hear about your wife and kids. Did she leave because of your drinking? Tell us a bit more about yourself x
I think to quit successfully you have to be really committed to quitting and make a whole lot of life changes. Are you ready to do that?
There is plenty of support on this forum. Do you know how you are going to achieve your goal? Keep reading the stories of those who are winning the battle. They are inspirational. I look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Loft.... I can assure you you are not alone. SR is a strong community of very understanding people. Glad you are here.

I am very sorry to hear about your wife and children. That is certainly painful.

You are also not helpless. It may feel that way today but that's never the case. The fact your hear means you are serious about being abstinent. We are the only ones that can help ourselves. If you want to be sober you can and will be.

My best to you.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the quick replies.

Yes, I do want to stop drinking. I hate it when I am doing it and I hate the guilt afterwards.

I have watched my wife go from a gorgeous happy youg woman to a hurt, lonley person. We are both 40 and have been married for hearly 15 years. She is my life and my heart and soul and I want her back. I love her so much and what I have put her through is beyond apalling.

I have 2 beatutiful children who are my best friends and now there is a chance I won't see them for a long time.

I did go to AA before some years ago but at that time, it didn't work for me. I will try again. The group was too small and I felt horribly self-conscious and pressured to speak in the silences. I wasn't ready for that.

I will do everything in my power to change and become a whole person again.

Thank you once again.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LoftSprite, welcome to SR. It's a great place here. Everyone is very supportive and understanding and we will be behind you every step of the way in your sober journey.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife and kids and I hope things resolve themselves soon. All I can say is that alcohol makes nothing better... only worse. Congratulations on making the decision to stop and for being sober since Monday. I wish you all the best.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear your pain. Really sending good thoughts out to you. You can beat this if you give it 100%. Please don't give up. I feel the same way about meetings but I think we need to go in order to establish some accountability for our actions and to help process what is going on inside us.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome aboard

And your not alone.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome LoftSprite

I'm sorry for your pain - but I absolutely think quitting drinking is a great decision.

You'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Loftsprite. I am so sorry for your pain. I new here too. I have already found so much encouragement and support from members of this group and I am sure you will too. I am convinced that at the end of this long, dark tunnel, there is love and light waiting. I wish those for you.