Half-truths

Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Half-truths

Well, we had our meeting with CPS yesterday and it appears that we are moving to having that case closed, which I want to say is good because it removes a great deal of stress.

I am concerned because of some things that my AW said that aren't true, in order to get the case headed toward closure.

Her addiction is to a drug called Fioricet, which also has a similar cousin, Fioricet with codeine aka Fioricet 3.

My AW told our case worker she was only taking the Fioricet instead of Fioricet 3, which "isn't a problem because her Fioricet does not have codeine." That's partially correct, but she failed to mention the equally problem causing ingredient they both have is Butalbital, which is ridiculously addictive with some detrimental side effects.

My concern or question is do you think it would be appropriate to clear the muddy water with the case worker or let the case close and use it i some type of needed custody order?

I know I have to make the choice that is best for me and our child, but I'm not sure entirely what that is.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If she was not telling the the truth and there is still a problem and you are worried about your child, why would you not tell the case worker?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

The truth will set you free.