Notices

five days for the bazillionth time

Old 07-26-2012, 07:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

five days for the bazillionth time

I have five days today, and I have had them many times before. I'm having trouble finding time to make meetings this week, and I've been feeling down and restless at the same time. I find myself reminding myself that it is to be expected and all part of the process and that seems to be helping. Lurking here early in the mornings is nice too. I wonder what will happen on Sunday which is always the hardest day for me.

Just wanted to share my experience and I hope you all are doing well today.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

It's the bazilllion and one that works.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

I pretty much live in here and it helps me a lot. I also go to meetings. I think it is good that you know what day is going to be the hardest, that way you can plan for it. What do you mean by, "I wonder what will happen on Sunday." Do you mean that you don't know if you will drink or you don't know what the plan for the day is? Sorry, I am a little slow to the draw. I think my brain is still recovering from being pickled in Natty Ice for so long.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess I wonder if I'll drink, and if not how I'll feel. Planning for it is a good idea, thanks. I'm training for a race so I'm already trying to commit to taking care of myself for the next two months or so. Mmm pickled brains

Originally Posted by MetalChick View Post
I pretty much live in here and it helps me a lot. I also go to meetings. I think it is good that you know what day is going to be the hardest, that way you can plan for it. What do you mean by, "I wonder what will happen on Sunday." Do you mean that you don't know if you will drink or you don't know what the plan for the day is? Sorry, I am a little slow to the draw. I think my brain is still recovering from being pickled in Natty Ice for so long.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I looked like that holdin beer

LOL, when you said mmm pickled brains an image of Homer Simpson popped into my mind. What kind of race is it ?

But really, I always have a hard time on weekends, well really, everyday. I do plan not to drink this weekend also. We can do it
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Don't set yourself up to drink! Tell yourself you will not drink on sunday. Make plans to get out and do something else! Make this your LAST day 5.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It can be hard to break through that barrier Gincognito. But it is possible. My barrier was day 2 for a long time, then it became day 5 for a month or so... just keep pushing it. I think the psychological block of thinking that you can't make it past day X is the worst bit. Your actual feelings are probably manageable. When I feel restless now I do something to keep busy. Drinking is becoming less and less of a viable option. Whatever happens there is always going to be a time when it is hard not to drink, but there are tools to help deal with that. What kind of support are you using? x
Old 07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gincognito View Post
I'm having trouble finding time to make meetings this week,
Meetings are at the TOP of my priority list ...... have been for 23 yrs.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-26-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

AA...I did make it to a noon meeting, though I was late and it was not a particularly good meeting, at least I did it. Terribly tired now and muddling through the work day until I can go to a yoga class later.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

AA meeting and Yoga... That's more positive stuff in one day than I ever manage Keep up the good work. I'm sure you'll be fine this weekend x
Old 07-26-2012, 02:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What happens Sunday is up to you and what you choose to make it. But don't worry about Sunday yet, just focus on today--day by day. My best.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can make Sunday anything you want it to be Gincognito.
Sometimes it takes a little forethought and effort but you can totally do this

D