Notices

Medical condition or alcoholic?? or Denial

Old 07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Medical condition or alcoholic?? or Denial

I found an interesting thread today. The reason I was looking it up was for a medical condition I have. The hypoglycemia and I have 2 tumors on my adrenal glands. I had a friend whose husband drank 1-2 cases of beer every weekend and at the end it turned out he had a tumor in his brain and his doctor said he must have been in a lot of pain. When was the last time people on here had a physical –a comprehensive physical. I know when I drank it gave me energy. I know now when I get a dizzy spell it is because I have a drop in my blood sugar. I have been questioning myself for years as to what a dry drunk is and questioning myself. Working 2 jobs at times so I wouldn’t drink. I have been obsessing over alcoholism because I come from a family where there is this disease and also diabetes. Diabetes and hypoglycemia are the 2 extremes of diabetes. I am grateful for this knowledge I am getting. Loading up with caffeine and smoking does not help this condition. I am in therapy to try and figure out the emotional from the physical and the religious. I welcome all feedback. Am I living in denial. I started to be creative with chocolate. I used to make chocolates, make scratch cakes and pies and petit-fors. I am not allowed at the present time to post the link as I do not have enough posts.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hexipuff

Not sure I understand what you are saying Pauline
Are you worried that you have diabetes?
Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure what you're worried about either, Pauline.

Have you talked to your dr about your health concerns?
Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi pauline, I'm also not clear whether you're worried about complications from diabetes or alcohol use, or both....?

It sounds like you are not currently drinking, which is a good thing. And hopefully you're getting good medical care for your diabetes complications. My best friend in the world is a diabetic and often sick: you're right, it's an awful disease.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Probably best to consult your Doctor. My Sister had very similar concerns with regard to diabetes, and she's now able to control her blood sugar using dietary changes.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm a little unsure as to what you are asking; are you trying to talk yourself into it being ok to drink because of the sugar? I would talk to a health professional - they can get you on the right track in regards to your trigger, there is nothing we can positively gain from alcohol, IMO.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

I like spiritual rather than religious.

I think there is a link between sugar problems and alcoholism. Finding a balance in life is a worthwhile find.

Just stay stopped and it will all even out.

Big hugs & love,