I thought Prison would wake him up

Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I thought Prison would wake him up

My husband will be going to prison for his 7th and 8th felonies for at least 3-4 years. He had a warrant out for his arrest and when he started smoking weed all day and night and taped a bottle of someone elses **** to himself, I called the prosecutor for the warrant and he was extradited back to his home state. I didn't call his probation officer because I was afraid of the reprecussions to my own safety. He had stabbed a vitamin bottle with a knife and waved it in my face and also threatened to stuff the cat in the freezer because she was annoying.

I got a new job right after he was extradited, but found out I was pregnant. That had no effect on my husband. The prosecutor told him he was looking at more time because of my accusations concerning his behavior and drug use. My husband called me screaming, calling me a liar and demanding money. He said he was excited about the baby but this is never going to stop. His family is already enabling him, telling him they hope I don't keep putting him in jail.

I contacted legal aid about divorce. I don't care about child support, I just want out of this. I thought all of this would wake him up -- extradition, harsher sentencing but he still talks about himself like hes a saint and everyone else is wrong and evil. All I can see in my head is him threatening to put the baby in the freezer because he thinks it is annoying.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you are making the right decision to protect yourself and your child. (And your cat.)

It will be hard, but you're worth it and you deserve much more than this.

My sister never learned from jail, because jail only handled the withdrawal part - but it never taught her how to cope with her life and her problems, so each time she is released she goes straight back to the needle. Her addiction doesn't allow her to care about anyone she is hurting in the process and she has the same "everyone's fault but my own" mentality that you describe.

Your situation sounds scary, I'll be hoping and praying for the best for you as you bravely begin to build a better life for you and your baby.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I always thought it was the drugs that caused this malevolence but I saw once he was off the hard drugs like heroin that he was choosing to behave this way. I want to write him a letter explaining myself but I know deep down it is a waste of my energy and it won't get me anywhere. Sadly, I don't want him to catch wind of what I am doing legally either. He needs to go away for as long as possible.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sorry your going through this I am glad you are protecting yourself and unborn child. I know how hard it is when we think they will wake up and see the light sadly that doesn't happen most times.

One of my addicts my oldest AS is in prision right now and he is doing almost as much drugs there as he was on the streets.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

my ex went to prison and it didn't change a thing...
Old 07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Addiction is'nt the only evil in the world.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Sadly, prison is not always a persons bottom. They can continue to use drugs & drink homemade alcohol while in prison.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome! So glad you are seeking safety for you and your child. It sounds like you know what you are doing. Jail time never straightens out my sister, it just means 3 hits and a cot for awhile, then she goes back to meth.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Please stay safe and keep your cat and baby safe too.

Have a safety plan in place just in case they release him, he has shown how crazy he is, please believe your eyes.

My prayers go out for you, this has to be frightening.

Hugs
Old 07-23-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You would think prison would be the bottom they are supposed to reach. Unfortunately, it wasn't for my son. The next day he was out using again. So very, very sad.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself and that little one.....and the cat. He sounds scary and dangerous.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-23-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

im so sorry for your situation. it truly sounds scary. but it sounds like you are now taking steps in protecting you and your unborn child.

have you thought about not putting his name on the birth certificate so he has no legal rights to the child unless he gets a paternity test. might make the legalities of keeping him/her safe from access to a father who, atm, is less that capable of stepping up and being a good role model. just a thought, and might not be the best road to go down as i have never been put in this situation.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It is so heart breaking that we are afraid of our loved ones. My AS threatened to smash everything in my house. My son never talked to me like that. The funny thing is, I did not get scared. I got mad! I told him 911 is fast to dial. He calmed down real fast.