Notices

Just another blue sky sunny day.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Just another blue sky sunny day.

Goooood Afternoon ,

I thought I would stop by and say I still cant believe how wonderful life can be. Waking up sober to a lovely cool morning and now the sunny afternoon. I have already done some house work and went out to the garden. Now just pondering if I want to go for a workout and a little sun at the pool. After the swim a sunday meeting and the yet another weekend comes to a close.

Its truly something of how many years and decades I missed good days. I would be just crawling out of bed at 1 in the afternoon. Eyes and head just throbbing,only to make sure I was going to get that ol wake up drink. Then roll around the house a good hour or so sipping away to just feel like I then could let the day start. Uggg,

It does take some time to really get used to the new way of life, but I was told that it just gets better and easier with time and work. And low and behold how it does. Just stay sober for today all and enjoy the end of the weekend.

Smile cause Sobriety looks good on You.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good love , Inda
Old 07-22-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks ,
I've been enjoying reading books again , gormengahst at the moment . Mum is doing a huge 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle . Both sat in the lounge with the afternoon sun streaming in. It sounds kinda tame as i type it but it is very pleasant and relaxing, i assure you .

M
Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Miricale... There is no one on this board quite like you. And that's a good thing.

Your joy reaches through the screen and makes me feel the joy as well.

I am sitting on my porch... I live in a Victorian with a big wrap around porch. Have a kitty at my feet.

I agree... Life is good!

My best to you!

Ken
Old 07-22-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too have had a wonderful day filled with simple pleasures. Morning coffee sitting in the garden with a friend, lunch out with my H in a village pub in the beautiful countryside, an afternoon walking around a garden centre choosing plants and planning how we are going to transform our little patch of green and turn it into a paradise.
A few months ago, I would have got drunk by lunchtime and spent the afternoon asleep.
This still feels like a wonderful dream that I never want to wake up from x
Old 07-22-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Here its heavy clouds and about to rain big time any second, but thanks to you Inda its a sun shiny day in my mind. You are truly a miricale Inda, and of course you are still FANTASTIC.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Like Jeni said, I would have been loaded by now, trying to stave off a hangover, then pass out & then wake up & start again before night fall. What a blessing it is to have the wasted days in the past. Thanks for the beautiful post, Inda
Old 07-22-2012, 11:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

i'm going out tonight with my husband to a great even called Milwaukee's Big Taste where we'll be having hors d'oeuvres from many of the city's nice restaurants. i've lost enough weight from abstaining from booze that i fit into a very cute size 6 dress again and i won't be worrying about having to break off from my husband to buy alcohol in secret! it's such a relief to know that i can go there and be totally comfortable. there will be alcohol at the event but i just don't feel tempted enough for it to be a problem anymore. it's such a relief. life is good, sobriety is wonderful and the world is full of fun if you just go looking for it!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Have fun Grits

Good for you fitting into the size you like, thats awesome, I have the opposite effect with quitting, I have to work out like crazy cause I gained weight. LOL. But it was the best weight I ever gained. lol.

Enjoy all the tastes at the festival for you deserve each and every smile of happiness, we all do.

Remember its just a Daily Reprieve, Enjoy each one.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks dude, I woke up today feeling the same way, isn't it great. For the first time in a long time I truly feel blessed.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Oh yes navy0923 it sure does

I see you fairly new to us so Welcome and I dont know how much sober time you have, but keep it up. If you feel good now , just wait a few months of this and youll be hooked.

Stay on the Beam.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Was on here previously but forgot my login so I'm back under a new name. I have a week here or a week there but I knew it was a sham. Today is day six and I'm not turning back. It took a while but after struggling for years I have had enough of the depression and self loathing. This time I'm gonna kick it's a$&. Nice to meet you.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Awesome D! It has been fun going on this journey with you and seeing you make it! I too look forward to your posts bud! We have come a long way, and yes, we do get better as time goes even more so if we get better at working at our skill-set and inner peace. I am about to go out and brave the heat and mow, until the mowing is done. And to be honest, even in the heat, I have a fun mower to ride and get done in a few hours what took two days before.

All things ARE possible now. But even more wonderful is that I am picking which I pursue, not just chasing rainbows and grabbing at the low hanging fruit. See I can now do the most important thing in life, choose what not to do, as I am caught up and at cause in life too. Everything I do, I do because I want to, not just because I have to. No appearances to keep up except my own.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Right back at ya Itchy, it has been a fun journey. And we got lots ahead of us. Hope you got the yard cut and had fun riding the mower.

Sleep well all. Great weekend on to the next.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

When i got my wrist band for the dinner event tonight they gave me and my husband a ticket for a free beer. The people behind the table looked a bit surprised when i handed it back, smiled and said "we won't be needing those." I'm so lucky that my husband, who isn't an alcoholic, has joined me in my sobriety. To be honest, he stopped drinking about a year and a half ago when we decided i had a problem. I'm glad i finally got to join him!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Thats beautiful Grits, truly that is so cool. And yea I only could of imagined when I was drinking and you handed those tickets back. I would of taped you on the shoulder and said you could of gave them to me . lol.

What a pleasure to not even worry about such things these days.