I know I'm codependent

Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know I'm codependent

I went to dinner with my son and his GF a couple days ago and I have been worried for my DS since. They have a son together and had split up but trying to make it work. My problem is she is always having a couple of drinks when we are together. Even at my granddaughters birthday she was looking to see if she could have something to drink. This was at a kids birthday kind of party...water park and games and stuff like that. I know it's his own journey to work through but I can't seem to let it go. He drinks to but won't around me...I have tried to get him to...isn't that sad for a mom. Oh well trying not to look back that was a long time ago. We could see how she went from pretty quiet to kind of flirty with the waiter...kind of embarresing. Just trying to figure out how to handle it. I have so many things I'm dealing with alcoholism(for many years) food addict and codependency but they kind of intermingle with each other for me. Any suggestions
Myjourney4me
Old 07-22-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

For me, reading Melody Beattie's book "Codependent No More" is and continues to be my favorite resource in helping me with my codependency.

I also enjoy her daily reading book "language of letting go"
Old 07-22-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll see if I can find it....I have every book known to man...thanks for the reminder
Myjourney4me