Notices

From no energy to hyper!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

From no energy to hyper!

I am on day 3 (yah! survived drinks with friends last night) and I have gone from the sofagirl to hypergirl!!

Anyone else get this?

Probably need to cut the coffee down slightly ;-)
Old 07-22-2012, 04:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hyper may be a stretch for me but very energetic-yes! I am bouncy, fidgety. I'm also getting things done because I need an outlet for all this.

It really is a good feeling for me. I'll take it. I love having this much "get up and go". I don't drink too much coffee so I think some of it is just normal.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Ultrabunny - Congrats on day 3!!! I am on day three as well. Energy is certainly up. I think it is a combination of things. I am like a little kid in a candy store. My wife and I went out last night to a book store around 9pm and I just kept thinking "this is what sober people do on a Saturday night". Driving home I realized I have not driven after dark in years. Got home and watched my dogs go to sleep for the night, I have always blacked out before they go to sleep. I feel like a child experiencing something new for the first time and it is exciting!! Even though I dont feel the greatest (detox), I am ramped up and excited to see what new things today brings!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats, I'm on day 6 and life is great. I'm not a doc but I figured my extra energy came from getting all the crap out of my system. I'm going to hit the gym, run on the beach, and then go to church. I love how I'm feeling and never giving this up!!! Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am loving it and I also need the engery, as where I have been avoiding my rather huge 'to do' list for about a month it seems to have grown!!

Just worry that I've been here before and when I get a bit manic it flips the other way later.

Going to go for a run in a bit, that will chill me out :-)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, it's amazing how much extra energy we have for life when we're not stuck in the lethargic and tiring effects of alcohol. Keep up the god work!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been flipping from no energy to hyper, back to tired then to hyper, back again... that's pretty much my circle for the day until I've worn myself out and I'll zonk between 9-10pm for the night.

It's making me feel a bit bonkers but I figure it's all part of early recovery so I'll accept it
Old 07-22-2012, 07:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think this is early recovery. I'm at a little over a month now and things are balancing out. I still have more time and energy each day then when I drank , which is wonderful, but I don't feel the restless energy I had the first week. Doesn't it feel good to tackle your " to do" list? Congratulations.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultrabunny View Post
I am on day 3 (yah! survived drinks with friends last night) and I have gone from the sofagirl to hypergirl!!

Anyone else get this?

Probably need to cut the coffee down slightly ;-)
Yes, my life was usually one extreme or the other.

Learning balance and moderation is taking me a long time.

In the past I would just get drunk and my little "defects and shortcomings" were out of mind and I didn't have to deal with them.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-22-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Why are you visiting 'wet places' when you're trying to stop drinking ? This is insane behaviour, and sure to result in relapse.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't seem to have any extra energy.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Not visiting 'wet places' Just a friend who haven't seen for ages (cos I've been hiding out) asked me over. It was fine, I had OJ.

I have just been to Bikram yoga. So much easier sans hangover!! But still bloody hard ;-)