Has anyone ever called police for AH/W DUI?

Old 07-20-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Has anyone ever called police for AH/W DUI?

Hi friends,
So AH just left in his car, pretty drunk, not smashed... Yet. Probably headed to one of 2 local pubs. I have thought before about alerting police to this. Has anyone here experienced that? If so, what happened? How did it work? Idon't know exactly where he went or when he will be on the road.

Thanks,
L.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

From a moral standpoint you need to call 9991. What if he caused any type of accident, and you could have prevented it? REPORT DRUNK DRIVERS PLEASE.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I have called to report drunk drivers on a few occasions. They were not, however, anyone I knew. But even if it were a friend or family member, I'd still call.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I debated about this the night my AH got his DUI and I feel that I should have called it in. He still likes to rub it in my face that I 'almost' ratted him out, he doesn't see that he was such a danger on the road. He went out pretty early, too, at 7:30 PM and many of my friends and neighbors certainly were still on the roads. I told him that, in the future, I WILL call 911 and report him and to he** with the consequences he decides to dump on me if they find him. Of course, now he's getting an ignition interlock device in his car so I probably don't have to worry about the driving part for the next year and a half now.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I have and would do it again. A good friend of mine lost her twins at age 4 to a drunk driver.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have and would do it again, too. If your husband kills someone tonight, and it comes out that you watched him drive away drunk and did nothing, then you could be sued.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I, too have a friend who lost a child to a drunk driver. If you have the opportunity to save a life, you're not ratting someone out, you're just being a decent human being.

We need to stop making excuses for and coddling people just because we happen to be related to them by marriage or blood. As La Tee Da says. Unacceptable behavior is unacceptable.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You can let them know that you will be calling the police before they leave... you warned them of a potentially life changing event not only for them but more so others that are innocently driving the road. Pick up the phone & ask him to make his choice to drive or not, if he is at all cognizant he will choose the latter.

Take care & I hope all is well
Old 07-21-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I reported my XAH several times... And yes, like others, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Drunk driving is illegal and dangerous... And should always be reported no matter who is doing it.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

He's threatened to drive to go get beer before when he is obviously wasted and I always threaten to him that I am going to call the police which stops him. He then tries to force me to drive him but I have the foresight to hide the car keys when I think it's going to be one of "those" nights.