Made a list of where I want to be in a year...

Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made a list of where I want to be in a year...

I have never been the type to plan or to set concrete goals or timelines for myself. I have spent a lot of time feeling like I am not where I should be in life. Several years of depression that made it hard enough to get up every day and go to work and school, followed by quitting my job to live with my sister when her husband deployed, and then working at a job I didn't want to be at when I returned home...it felt like I was just going through the motions. Then I met my boyfriend and of course got wrapped up in that like a good little codependent.

About a year ago I got the job I have now, which I love and am very good at. After spending a year and a half wrapped up in my relationship I have realized that, overall, I am not much further along in life than I was. This latest incident has helped me realize that while I don't want to be without my boyfriend, I have a whole lot of other things to worry about and to enjoy. So I sat down and made a list of things I want to have accomplished/the state I want to be in a year from now. Not a single thing on that list has anything to do with a relationship. They are all life goals, for ME. That's it. It feels pretty damn good.