Notices

Hen House Talk with all our Friends - part 31

Old 07-18-2012, 11:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hen House Talk with all our Friends - part 31

Everyone is welcome to join us on this fresh page....

Here is the previous section

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-30-a.html

Last edited by CarolD; 08-07-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

For our Jay! Just certain words and phrases in these that I see our Jay using now! I'm sure he'll know where I'm coming from with these songs.

Heal quickly our good friend.

TOD

Billy Squier - The Stroke - Lyrics - YouTube

AC/DC-Back in Black Lyrics - YouTube
Old 07-19-2012, 02:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Got some sleep, now we'll see what the day brings. It's Hazel's chemo day, on top of it being the day the Witch takes her familiar, I mean her dog, to the vet. Spouse insists on an itemized receipt before we pay up. Of course my back hurts like the proverbial...well, you fill in the blank. I'll let you know what the Witch says and does. Thanks for the support, and thanks so much, too, for the laughs. I adore the idea of the P shirt. TPA
Old 07-19-2012, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry I didn't get the threads right, last night, thank you ((Carol!!))

Got through the skype meeting with the Dee's, actually getting along better with both of them, but we are all ready for this class and project to be over - less than 2 more weeks. Then I think I get a 3-week break before last semester starts.

You are all in my heart and prayers.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: I know you are SO ready for this semester to be over. You'll need the 3 wks to recoup from it.

I just spent the last two hours trying to work on my TOES! LOL I'm trying to let the ingrown nails grow out on all ten toes. OUCH! Using a sharp object to dig under the sharp nail that's dug into the skin in the corners is just SO damn FUN! I've been putting baby desitin on them every night and morning for the past two weeks to help keep them softened and not so dry. That helped with the pain of the nails growing. So I did the first trim on them today. We'll see how long this takes for them to grow out.

I just went out to turn the hose on the dog's laying around area under their fan. I just let it run. I'll go shut it off in a little while. It's showing on the monitors. 109.8 in the sun and 99.5 in the shade. So yeah. It's damn HOT out there. I'll move the hose over to the central AC unit and set it on mist. I'll let it blow on the AC to try and help it stay cooler while cranking nonstop in this heat.

I asked Jethro last night to PLEASE work on getting a tent to put up beside the house for a cool tent. All the girls are done setting and are starting to complain about being stuck in the house. They see us everytime we walk in and out of the house. So we hear it all the time. I just keep repeating to them, IT'S HOT OUT THERE. It wouldn't take those spoiled air conditioned girls but about five minutes to start panting. LOL So I just have to listen to their complaining for now. Maria hasn't found her whiney ass noise yet she makes. But it will come. She just hasn't been out of mommie mode long enough yet! See! Jethro can ignore them. I can't! And he's at work now and I'm home all day with them. He gets home now, just in time to put them out for awhile. So he gets the grateful side of their attitudes. And he's always giving me the; "I don't know why you say they complain so much". JUST GET THE COOL TENT PUT UP! PLEAASSSSSSSEEEEE!

TPA: How did your day go at the vet today?

I have a dentist apt tomorrow to get my crown put on. I'll be glad when they get all the crowns done. Going in every three months takes forever to get anything done.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paradox, Humor, Change

What is this thread about? I am SoberMan.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Welcome Soberman: This thread is where we come on here in a supporting way of talking about everything. We talk about our family, pets, jobs, w/d's, detoxing, etc. You name it - we talk about it. We goof off on here as well. It's just a more laid back thread. Most of us have been on here a long time and pretty much know everything about each others lives. But it's up to each individual as to what you want to share on here.

It was named the Hen House by Windyman many threads ago because of the casualness the conversations go at. Most of us have been off drugs/alcohol for many years and we come here to discuss problems/happiness with the friends we've made here. Anyone is most welcome to join in. If you don't understand something, someone or animal we are discussing. Just ask. We'll get you filled in.

There are several roosters here as well. They'll be glad to have you join them. I'm the true Hen House momma. Just look at my Avatar!

TOD
Old 07-19-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paradox, Humor, Change

Oh thank you Tired. I have been sober from stimulants and booze for 5 1/2 months. I go to Cocaine Anonymous and AA. SR has been a huge part of my recovery, I am not certain that I would still be sober without SR. It has brought me back from the brink of drinking again at least twice in the last few months. I really enjoy the people on SR. I am involved in a few threads, and am completley addicted to that silly word association game on SR.

I am off of work today ( I am a cashier at a grocery store) and I go swimming on my days off. I have grown a gut since geetting sober, and I like to swim for 20 minutes just for poops ang giggles. I am not commiting to excercise, I just swim on my days off to try and grow in positive habits.

Warmly,
SM
Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

SM: Well GOOD for you. I'm on day 17 getting off the opiates, AGAIN! Okay everybody else, don't groan here. Just skip over it. SM! I'm a 100% DAV after being medically discharged after serving 22 years in the ARNG. So I've had my rounds with the opiates. BUT! I have a back procedure down the road to hopefully take care of this swollen disc in my back that is laying on my nerve. Way too many other medical issues to get into, but they can also be a painful pain in my butt.

We have another grocery store person on here. They'll introduce themself to ya later on.

Don't know how much of the thread you've read up on. So I'll just say this. I ordered the Nopalea Juice made by Tri Vita. My husband, known as Jethro on here and myself have started drinking the juice two days ago. It can take up to 30 days to work. So I'm crossing all my fingers and toes hoping it works. There's lots of info out there on google if you want to know more about it. The one big thing it does is to help eleminate inflammation in a persons body. My dad is also receiving it for a birthday gift this Saturday. He'll be turning 80 on Monday. So you can imagine his problems.

I don't stray far from the HH. I'm comfortable right here. But I know others are all over the boards. I'm glad they are, because I wouldn't know about anything else going on out there if they didn't talk about it here. LOL

I'm in 100% complete agreement with you on how much SR/HH has saved me from myself and the drugs. Please tell us about yourself so we can have a better ideal of how to communicate with you.

TOD
Old 07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hazel survived her chemo, and it cost us $380 bucks to handle Claire's whupping of the familiar, I mean dog, that belongs to B.M., the black witch we spoke of last night. She expected me to pay for Tramadol, too, but I told her it was four bucks at Wal-Mart and that was on her. She started to mumble something and I said "I simply don't have four dollars on hand, and I'm not charging that amount. If you find it's more, let me know and I'll write a check." Are you ready for her reason for calling Animal Control? To teach spouse a lesson. I said great, you put my dog on the potential execution list due to the change in MD law, rather than act like an adult and speak to us, your next door neighbors, who have been nothing but kind to you. She said "He's careless." I said "I'm not. And I'm not letting my dog be executed. I'm delighted your dog is going to be OK, but no way is my dog paying the ultimate sacrifice because you had too much to drink, lost your temper, and decided you weren't going to be attacked in the dark on your property." Spouse is so disgusted with her, and he used to like her, he didn't totally believe the things I told him about her, but he does now. So we've decided to avoid her. She again threatened to kill the little children at the end of the street if they "tease" her dog, so I decided enough was enough and notified one of the mothers of her threat, said I didn't know how serious it was, but to be aware that if the dog was out, keep a sharp eye on her children. She said it's so sad I had to be afraid of my neighbor, that they all did, but thanked me for the notification. I mean, how many times must I listen to her threaten to kill children before I take her seriously?

Claire most sincerely whupped her butt, but wasn't trying to kill her, never went for the throat, so I guess they're even for the whupping Rosie gave Claire when C was a puppy. It isn't going to be the most pleasant of neighborhoods for who knows how long, but at least we've paid the bill and we'll see how it works out...avoiding her should help. And if it doesn't, I'm calling on my pals here to use their collective powers to put the Black Witch in her place.

Tired, hot, and hoping for a big, nasty thunderstorm, TPA
Old 07-19-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

SoberMan, welcome. As TOD said, we talk about everything, we know about each other's lives and support each other through joy, tragedy, and everything in between. We share jokes, home remedies, and lots of love for each other. Glad to have you join in. TPA
Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

TPA: Oh PLEASE let me have a piece of your neighbor!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be sure to have my AR15 with me when I meet her. Did I ever tell ya I use to carry an M-60 with a 100 round clip across my chest, like Rambo had? They nicknamed me "Rambina". LOL

Here's ya a song for the situation: MARIE LAVEAU - YouTube

And this song is for you: Dixie Chicks - Some Days You Gotta Dance (with Lyrics) - YouTube

You know I love ya!

TOD
Old 07-19-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh I forgot to tell ya'll this!!!! I shocked Jethro when he got home yesterday. I showed him the count in my email inbox. He thru his hand on his chest and gave a shocked look. LOL I then told him I had deleted 1,341 emails. Whoo Whoo It's great being off the drugs again. Things are getting done around here again. Only under the AC though. Can only manage outside stuff after dark.

Lenina: I'll be watching for the spoons. You that have sent her spoons have just made her beam with pride. Thanks!

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-19-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paradox, Humor, Change

Angel - Wowsa I am sorry to hear about all the drama with your doggy. I see animals as part of the family, so it makes sense that this is a very touchy issue with you. God bless your Doggy.

Tiredofdrugs - I am in SouthWest Florida. We call it Gods waiting room, since 2/3 of the population is over 65. There are pain clinics every ten steps in Florida due in large part to the old people. Well naturally we have an opiate epidemic here in SW Florida. I know more than a dozen women in my meetings who are now out of prison for taking pain killers while pregnant. In Florida if you do pain killers when pregnant you go to prison not jail. There are plenty much long sorrows that come with pain killer addiction I see that. Being a cocaine addict and a sober one at that, I have had to learn about this very mysterious concept called "being tired is ok" in my mind being tired means you are depressed and this is not true. LOL. So that is kinda screwy I know, but I have learned that when I am tired its time to sleep lying down, and not time to smoke crack. Isnt the truth stange? I was tempted by a co-worker to take pain killers last weekend. My elbow is all swollen from being a cashier and making the same motion over and over. I had to do this gut level honesty thingy that they talk about in meetings. I had to admit that even tho, my elbow be swollen the truth was I was not really in pain, and if I am in pain its very minor. Than I asked a God of my understanding to help me think straight and I made it thru.. Wew! It was a miracle. I said NO when I meant NO to the pain killers, and I am not really a pain killer type of man becuase pain killers make me sleepy which I associate with being depressed, LOL, am I crazy or what? Tempted by a drug I dont enjoy. Lord have mercy.

Warmly,
SM
Old 07-19-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

TOD, you are so welcome to her, sweetie. Spouse just said "Keep her away from me, she's just plain mean." I think she's just plain evil and tries to hide it but fails, as I said last night. So c'mon up, Toddie, and introduce her to Sarge's Course in Good Manners and Proper Treatment of Animals and Their Humans. I'd pay a dollar to see that one!!!! TPA
Old 07-19-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Paradox, Humor, Change

Angel - I believe God desires doggy's be happy. This is part of my belief system.

TOD = Tired of Drugs. I am catching on. Woot!

Warmly,
SM
Old 07-19-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

SM: Well good for the system putting those pregnant women in prison for harming their unborn children. I've seen LOTS of stories about FL's clinic problem. I posted a story not too far back I read on the MSN page as to the facts of how the perscription drugs need to have a closer/stronger look into. I've seen the links on the DEA taking down the FL clinics too. Good for you on NOT taking the P/P. I have access to them every day here. I choose NOT to ever take another one. This last go round detoxing has whopped my ass. I'm 52 yro and don't know if I have another detox/w/d in myself. Besides, if I started taking them now. I'd just be right back where I was 17 days ago. It just gives me the willies to think about going thru that again. The meds are my husbands and when I see how much pain he's in. I just couldn't bring myself to make him suffer to feed my addiction anyway. So they aren't really a problem being here. I've just asked him to keep them put up. I really don't need the reminder staring me in the face every day.

Swollen elbow, Huh? I'll let you know if the Nopalea juice works for us. Might be something you might use later down the road.

I see you like smooth jazz. So does our TB on here. I posted a link with wolves howling in the background with jazz music. It's a beautiful song. Let me know if you want to hear it. I'll find it for ya.

TPA: JUST A DOLLAR??????????? You have got to be kidding? Come on NOW! Get you some aluminum pan plates. String them together and place along the property divide. Every time she looks ya'lls direction. She'll have to look thru those damn things. LOL As for her threats on the children. YOU are a perfect witness for the police. Call them and let them know what she has threatened. I wouldn't take that too kindly. Insane ppl usually don't make idle threats. I'd hate to know she actually did kill a child and you only told the parents about it.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 07-19-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Welcome SoberMan to the HH

A little something to entertain you guys until I get back from my meeting.

(((TPA))) I new a Black Witch once. In matter of fact, I had dream of my first wife the other night…lol

Much love to all
TB
Old 07-19-2012, 02:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

TOD & TPA.....just running in and out here but just have to share my get even with the neighbor story!

I had these old busy bodies next door to me that just needed to comment on everything going on in the neighborhood and my house. One of them would stand on a step stool to peer into my kitchen window from their window.

Anyway....they were upset with the trim color on my house....very very neutral earth tone by the way. So I went to Goodwill and picked up a ton of huge Granny Panties and bras then "hung them off of my balcony between our houses". Cracked up the rest of the neighbors.....and stopped the complaining about the paint!

Actually it was very cheerful!!!

Be back later......off to the career coach......sigh.....
Old 07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

CANGLE: Heaven's to Mergatroid! What is our new guest, SM going to think of us now? LOL

TOD