Notices

medical bills. darnit i'm worth it!

Old 07-18-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

medical bills. darnit i'm worth it!

ugh...finally getting my financial ducks in a row and the tally from my last stint at rehab and my ongoing therapy is around $3K. it's not unmanageable but it's still a large chunk of money we don't have. and that's just my second go around. we paid off my first round of rehab and my ER visit from a couple of years ago. still, looking at these bills and knowing that i'm sitting here sober and dealing with this in a calm, rational and sober way is heartening. the old me would have shoved everything aside, crawled into the bottle and waited for the hospital to sue me. in fact, that's exactly what the old me did last time. now, i'm on a payment plan and dealing with it. i'm putting on my big girl panties and dealing with the world as it comes to me. drinking does not bend the world to my will. it never did. problems deferred are not problems solved. this is the lesson i am learning today. does it suck? oh yeah. am i grateful for the experience? hell yeah! because i am stronger this afternoon than i was this morning. the stack in my IN BOX is shorter and that burden of fear is lifted. feels good.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are totally amazing! Your posts help so much, Thankyou for sharing x
Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! You got on a payment plan and faced the issue. You've come a long way. :-)
Old 07-18-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WOW! Good work, and great post. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
and that burden of fear is lifted. feels good.
After I began recovery, I slowly realized that I had lived all of my life in fear. All my decisions, big and small, were based on fear. Clearly abuse and low self-esteem resulted in fear of losing what I had (even though it might not have been what I wanted). But, at least I 'had' it. I never reached for the stars or took a leap of faith. Instead, I dreamed and stayed stuck. But, in recovery, I learned that I could step out of the dark and dance in the light. That's exactly what you're doing.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you displaced Grits,
You are a work in progress.

Love
CaiHong