i hate drugs...and addiction

Old 07-16-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i hate drugs...and addiction

a year ago, my xabf pursued me, i was just coming off a relationship and so does he...we told each other we are rebounding...

we started a wonderful friendship, of all the guys i have been with (he is the 5th) he is the only one who i share so much interests with...he plays the guitar, i do too...he loves sports...playing it soccer, basketball i do too...he taught me how to play golf and i taught him how to play tennis...we love movies...we have a connection....we can finish each other's sentences....we think alike.

even his mother told me that of all the girls that he's been with i am the only one that he noticed that he shared so much in common with. she likes that i am a healthy, normal person....and so does he.

my xabf has been an A for 10 years now, his doc is coke. when we first started seeing each other, he tell me that he would be going out with friends on weekends, not every week but every once in a while...i want to give him his space so i didnt mind. while he started dating me, there was this other girl that he also liked....they have things in common too, they're big fans of our home teams (baseball and football) as in big time, they love the nightlife and every thing that goes with it...drinking, dancing (which i do too but not to the extent of being drunk and making a fool of myself) and smoking weed and i guess snorting coke.

when i found out that he was seeing her the same time he was seeing me, i told him that he should make a choice, as i never want to be part of an equation...he said that he chose me over her, because we have more things in common together than her.

we were having fun, but this girl never stopped...he would call my xabf late at night on weekends saying how drunk she was and can't drive back home and needs to stay at his place, and since they already have duis, he knows better than let her drive. i know, he is equally responsible because he can say NO...she would constantly bring him alcohol and weed...here we are doing healthy things 4-5 times a week while on weekends...they do these things.

during his last binge, he owes rent a couple of months and loads of bills, me, his mom and dad stopped helping out (enabling). i could never emphasize enough how much i would like to help, like drive him to meetings if he wants to, if he wants to another state....anything for a fresh start...the last day we were together, he can never thank me enough for being there for him...a couple of days later....he said he wants to help himself get better, he broke up with me...i died right there...but i would do anything to help him sober up...that night...i found out the girl was already at his house...that night they are together.

i hate drugs...i hate the addiction....i hate that i lost the guy i love so much whom i thought was my soulmate...i lost him to someone who he shares his addiction with.

its been 16 weeks, i never talked to him since...im praying everyday that he really works on himself and his sobriety.

i hate drugs and i hate addiction

thanks for reading....just rambling.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Someday, you may thank her!

I know it hurts right now but please work on YOU. As you do, you will get stronger and healthier and will thank GOD you got out when you did.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

He made his choice. You deserve better. Keep going!
Old 07-17-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He sounds like a cad, with or without the drugs. You deserve better than this hopeful fantasy of a soulmate.