Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Rough Day, but I want to live, and get better...life after the AW.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I went to the Supreme Court library, and got my paperwork for an uncontested divorce. I also got in contact with my attorney, who is going to help me with it. It seems pretty simple. My soon to be ex AW abandoned our little apt. and told me she wanted to end our relationship and besides that, there is no way in Hell I'd have married her had I known the extent of the alcoholism...(not eating anymore, daily drinking starting from the AM to the pass out point, and needing to social drink while I'm at work, ect, ect.)...she can sign for uncontested, and get it notarized and get it back to me so we can file in district Court, they set a hearing date (that she neednt even attend) and we are done. IF she doesnt want to go that route, it is then contested, and at that point, a Sheriff has to serve her, and she has a warrant out, I am 110% sure she doesnt want to be served that way, and me nor my attorney will serve her otherwise. It's up to her, I could care less at this point after feeling betyrayed. We have no assets, children ect. I am emotionally exhausted and also in the process of trying to get registered for University this semester. And working, and paying bills, watching my kid and I am starting tonite, with my workouts again, which I neglected while I was with her. Time to fight back, and take my own life back.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stability is a wonderful thing. I wish you years of it, for you and your son.

I hope she does not contest. We are here for your support.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You go, Count!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Time to fight back, and take my own life back.

SSSsshhhhhh......listen.....Is that the theme from Rocky I hear in the distance?? I think it is!!
Hooray for you!!
You sound really good!!

Old 07-16-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Chin up. You're doing it. Be proud of yourself.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is good to hear you are taking care of yourself. It is an exhausting time but there will be and end. Hang in there!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outonalimb View Post
SSSsshhhhhh......listen.....Is that the theme from Rocky I hear in the distance?? I think it is!!
Hooray for you!!
You sound really good!!

Thank you. Did a rough workout tonite, 50 clean and jerks. 25 with 135 pounds and then 25 with 105 pounds. You are supposed to be able to do 50 in a row, no rest with 135 like the guy on the DVD, but this pushing 44 year old ex athlete has to work his way back up to prime shape. It took me about 40 minutes but I refused to stop till I hit 50. I got a lot of anger out. I also contacted a Therapist, I need to talk some of this out.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yay! You!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Alucard, I am so glad that that relationship ended as quickly as it did. I know it dashed a long term illusion of who she could have been, but you are so lucky that you weren't in the relationship for years and years...some of us were and it really wears a person down.
Keep moving forward!