Crossed that line of drunk driving!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crossed that line of drunk driving!

Well, my AH crossed that line.. that line that has filled me with rage and disgust!!! He drove drunk with our 3 year old. Well, he was not drunk anymore, but smelled of booze, and would have for sure gotten a DUI.

Funny, he denied drinking, you see, his friends called me from where they were earlier that day saying they were concerned about him driving with her. They tried to get him to let her ride with them, he refused. So they all hung out longer, fed him until he sobered up. When he got to the house, I confronted him, as usual he said his friends were lying (cause everyone lies about his drinking) and he was fine. I asked why do you reek of beer? He said I had a beer driving down the canyon. It took every ounce of control I had to not rip his face off.

I told him he can choose to live his destructive life style all he wants, but he WILL NOT put my babies life in danger ever again!!!

I needed this anger!! Last week I was upset wondering why was he not trying to fix all this!!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are right to feel all that anger!
Now how can you use that anger to have something good come out of it?
Him driving with the child in the car is perhaps your bottom...meaning you will not stand for this or anything lower.
Good for you...adhere to your standards of protecting your child's life...sanity rocks and rules.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Alcohol stays in the system a lot longer than people realize. A person can get a DUI on the way to work from the previous night drinking binge. Thank god nothing bad happened.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You clearly know what you have to do to protect your kids -- I wish you strength and power going forward.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((enodm)) I'm sorry to hear about this, and you are right to do what is needed to protect your child!