Notices

New here...and glad I found this.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here...and glad I found this.

Hi everyone...just figured I would introduce myself a little. I had over six years clean from cocaine and ecstasy when I decided to go on adderall for my adult ADHD while in college. The treatment went well, but I eventually found myself taking more than the dosage I was supposed to be taking after my graduation. Recently my boyfriend broke up with me because I was "flying" all the time from taking too much adderall. This of course has made me somewhat depressed and wanting to use more. I flushed the rest of my prescription last Sunday, called my doctor Monday and told him I was done. I have not used since. I am feeling slight withdrawal from this, hot flashes and cold sweats with minor shaking, but I know that stopping was the best thing for me.

I'm just here for some support and the insight of others who are dealing with recovery. I think I forgot somewhere along the way that prescriptions can be just as bad as other drugs...
Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Jillx -

Glad you recognized this was becoming a problem and decided to do something about it - Good Job! I've found so much support here (along with all kinds of info and ideas for beating cravings, etc.) and I know you'll find it helpful, too.

Good to have you with us!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jillx
I know you'll find support here

You might like to also take a look at our substance abuse forum here - there are a few adderall threads down there too:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both very much! I'm glad to be here.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Jillx,

I was never actually addicted to adderall so I can't offer useful advice but I do want to encourage you to stop using it beyond the amount that was prescribed to you.

I never had a prescription for it, but I did have a friend with a (legitimate) prescription. It was a ton of fun until one time it made me feel like my chest was about to rip open. Doesn't seem like you ever got that reaction, but it would be all for the best for you to deal with it before you do...

All the best to you.