Notices

Sobriety Tattoos

Old 07-15-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sobriety Tattoos

I have been thinking of getting a new tattoo lately (probably because I have extra cash now and its been a few years since I got one) and thought about potentially getting a tattoo to represent my life choice of deciding to admit that I am an alcoholic and that I do need help. I searched a bit around the internet and found one in cursive that a young girl had that said "one day at a time" another had the serenity prayer. Has anyone ever thought about getting a tattoo about their want/need for sobriety or have any ideas for a potential one?

Thanks Family!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those both sound like cool tattoos. I have a couple tattoos and have thought about getting one to represent sobriety but haven't decided what I would get.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm actually thinking about getting something that just incorperates the words serenity, courage and wisdom. Kind of an abbreviated serenity prayer.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not a tattooee, but there's a social group for tattoos here - not sure how active it is but it's probably worth a look - you might even re-ignite it

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

D
Old 07-15-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welp, i havent gotten a tat in a while. the last one i got was about 18 years ago. a heart with a cross in it. took me another 12 years before i realized there was footowrk to it and the tat realy didnt do anything to help me.
i have contemplated a tat for recovery. but i know theres more to staying sober than that so that money went to people less fortunate that can use it.