Notices

How did I get here? Im in need of advice!!

Old 07-14-2012, 01:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy How did I get here? Im in need of advice!!

I have finally lost everything. Heroin has caused me to lose everything and everyone I love in this world. My wife has given up, we havent been married a year. My family have almost all turned their backs on me, and I cant blame anyone but myself. One good thing I can say is I have finally had enough and , im taking my life back! Which brings me to my question. The treatment center im going to supposidly gives you a shot of narcan and lets you withdraw for an hour, then the doc starts with the suboxone. Has anyone gone through this, id love some feedback on what to expect, and how best to prepare. I go for my evaluation monday at 330 and should start the detox the following day. Thank god I have insurance!! Any advice and or support will be greatly appreciated, im soo disappointed in myself im losing the will to live.
Thakyou!!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have any advice as heroin wasn't my issue, but I wish you all the best in your recovery. Congratulations on making the decision to be clean. Things can only get better, ACR! Good luck.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

My poison was alcohol. Learning how to deal with life on lifes terms and accept it, was and is an important part of recovery for me .
There are several methods people use, i try to get the best out of all of them. There is lots or resource, experience and encoragement here .
Don't give up on giving up whatever happens,
Good luck with it, M
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Neither can I offer insight into narcan or suboxone. I'm sure you can find that information in a google search. Here, however, you can find support and encouragement for what comes after the initial withdrawls from a host of those who have been through it and continue progressing toward improving their lives free of the entrapment of drug use. Stop using, stay here for support. Find support wherever you can. Namely, first and foremost, in yourself. It's your decision how you choose to live your life. Knowing that is extraordinarily empowering. Your will to live will return when you aren't under the control of drugs and beyond facing the immediate challenges you are. Best to you.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Is there anyone out there that can speak from experience? Thank you guys for the support.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no personal experience with narcan (nalexone) either ACR.

You may have better luck with finding people who have in our substance abuse forum:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

welcome to SR - and good luck with your treatment
D
Old 07-15-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR!

Glad you are here and getting help in person. Listen to the doctors. You're on your way to true healing!