Notices

How to deal with someone stealing your medication

Old 07-13-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question How to deal with someone stealing your medication

Would you call the police if someone walked into your apartment & stole your prescribed pain med's while you weren't there but know who it was? This just happened, but because this person could get revenge for you doing so & is on parole, it makes one wonder what would be the best course of action. They would also probably state they were owed when they weren't. Any opinions out there? Being a RA & also a chronic pain patient makes life & choices difficult. I don't want any association with this person whatsoever. The only reason I knew this person was because of them giving away a pet through a neighbor. You just can't trust anyone anymore! THOUGHT I WAS THROUGH WITH ALL THIS OLD CRAP!!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

I would call the police if my property was stolen - especially if it was medication I needed, for sure.

D
Old 07-13-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Can you prove it? Otherwise, the police won't do anything besides file a report. They probably won't show up until a day or two after you call it in. Think about it: "Yes, I would like to report a theft of some prescription meds. I know who did it. Yes, he is an addict." Not a priority for police. Especially, if they find out you are a RA
Old 07-13-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Spiritual Learner

Yes you can report it and you don't have to give them personal info about you being a RA you can explain the pain part the prescription is/was in your name so it is legal or state that the person who stole it was in a program no just say hge/she stole it. If you don't take care of yourself nobody else will. Whether the police can do anything or not we have to be responsible adn allow the police to say nothing can or can't be done. If so at least you will have a report if not at least you did something instead of nothing.