laughter is the best medicine?

Old 07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

laughter is the best medicine?

Any of you have so-bad-it's-funny quacking, gaslighting, nonsensical stories? Looking back, a lot of the conversations XABF and I had are so outrageous all I can do is laugh..

[After meeting XABF's exgf. He had said he'd dumped her 6 months before meeting me. But when I met her, she told me dumping him was the best decision of her life..]
Chrissy: I met Claire today! She's cute! Tell me again what happened with you two?
XABF: Listen, I was just like confused about time and stuff. I guess I didn't really dump that b*tch 6 months before I met you, it was only like two weeks. It's just numbers, calendars, human time-keeping ********, god I don't know why you care, it's not like I *lied* about when we broke up or anything, I just didn't even remember, it doesn't matter, she was the worst girlfriend ever, plus she was crazy, my therapist even said she needs medication, that's why I tried to block out our relationship and I got mixed up about how long ago I broke up with her. It doesn't even matter, god just let it go!
Chrissy: ....Uhm. Huh. Well, Claire didn't even mention how long ago everything happened.. She seems sweet! Why did you break up with her?
XABF: Oh. I mean, she didn't want to be a good girlfriend. Like she told me she didn't want to make time for me anymore, she was a b*tch, she wouldn't even take my calls and stuff so I dumped her worthless ass. Seriously like she wouldn't even talk to me on gchat anymore. So I finally just dumped her.

:rotfxko
Old 07-13-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OMG!
Yes, I do think it gets so bad you just have to laugh!
You broke up with her why again?
Send him on another spin of the alcoholic wheel of fortune and "numbers, calendars, human time-keeping ********"!
I do love that inability to live with human constructs.
I did it myself for awhile.
:rotfxko

Beth
Old 07-13-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's priceless!

My XABF could never really bring himself to speak specifically about his breakup with his ex (who he was with about two years; fell into deep depression after her and before me).

I finally, finally got him to admit a piece of the truth recently when we talked (while he was begging me to come back). I asked if alcohol had anything to do with that breakup, and he finally said, "Yes, a little bit ... but not that much, I mean, I don't think it was that much of a problem, blah blah." and he just kept yammering on. Hope he convinced himself, because it didn't do much for me!