Notices

Two Newbies Hanging out

Old 07-13-2012, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grateful AA member

Two Newbies Hanging out

My sponsor connected me to a girl who lives in the same town as me and thought it would be good if we connected and went to meetings together bc she is shy and maybe I can help break her out of her shell and get to them. My sponsor lives like 30 min from me so I dont get to see her on a regular basis unfortunately but we speak every day.

Another woman with years of sobriety has taken me under her wing, picks me up for rides, listens to me, hears me bitch then gives me a real ass whooping lol. Anyway, so the other newbie and I connected on the phone and invited her over for coffee with the expectation that we would go to a meeting afterwards.

She came over but she couldnt go to a meeting so we sat and talked about our drinking days which made me crave a drink. I told my sponsor this and the other woman who took me under her wing and they both said you guys CANNOT hang out outside the meetings!

Yesterday, the other newbie called me and told me she needed a sponsor so I called the woman who is like my sub sponsor and then gave the newbie her number. They met an hour later and now this woman is the other newbies sponsor but she told both of us that we can only hang out under supervision of someone with longer term sobriety or the two of us together will be bitching ourselves over to the bar. LOL. We both laughed and agreed she probably has a point