hmmmmm....it must be me!!

Old 07-11-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

hmmmmm....it must be me!!

I quit smoking on June 16th with the use of the patch and I was a heavy smoker (close to 3 packs were lit, maybe not all smoked ), I have a raging case of PMS, my husband who's been clean from percocets for around 50 (?) days just went off suboxone and not to scare anyone but his withdrawals were baddddd. I felt a little bad for him at times but mostly inconvenienced. Also, I haven't felt good for the past 3 days either. Fever, fatigue, achy all over. And lastly, I am very anxious about what going to happen with my son.

But I have to be honest for a minute. I am sick of addiction and I am sick of recovery for codependency as well. I am sick of meetings and therapist appointments.

I just want to live my life. I want to laugh and have fun and not second guess myself about what is codependent or not. I am tired of hearing recovery talk too.

Is it me or has anyone else felt this way from time to time? When did life become so complicated and serious?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's a bummer we need to be here at all.

Putting my son's issues aside, I have learned a great deal about myself since coming here.
My anti-codependency "training" has been useful in many aspects of my life. My family is "Springer-like".

I still fall off the wagon from time to time, but I'm usually quick to realize it and adjust. (or my wife adjusts it...)

I too wish it wasn't front and center all the time, but I'm a relative newbie.
I'm sure it'll become second nature.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNot View Post
Is it me or has anyone else felt this way from time to time? When did life become so complicated and serious?
Me too, and life became complicated when people stopped or wouldn't bend to my will
Old 07-11-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((LMN)))))

I have felt the same way I just keep pushing myself when I do and sometimes I will take a day or two break I sometimes fill overwhelmed in my case at times I think maybe I am reading too much at once trying to adsorb all I can then find that I get confused on what is what. Seems every time I think I have figured something out or am at a place I need to be I am told I am not ....

I will not stop I know I have to do this in order to ever have a healthy life. Just gonna keep cleaning up my gallons of spilled milk. I HATE drugs and I Hate codependency.

I can't do anything about the drugs but I can do something about the codependency.

I hope you feel better about it soon.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes I need to do just that......live life. So I do. I set aside recovery work for a day or two.....but I always come back to it because it helps me.....live life.

I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well. I hope that tomorrow is a better day. Do something nice for yourself and makes you feel special and nourished. You deserve it.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-12-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes LMN, think we all go there - the fed-up stage. We just want normal, non-addict behavior , if we can remember what that is like.

Hope you have a good laugh sometime today and have fun along the way.
I care.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh yes, sick to death of it.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, I was just thinking this the last couple of days and I'm a newbie. I think as long as you have a healthy view on things, that you aren't completely abandoning what has been helpful, IMO I think it's ok to take a 'mini vacation' from things.

Have you ever noticed out of the blue you all of a sudden crave a steak, or a particular vegetable or some other food that isn't the normal crave food (be it pizza, chocolate, etc.). It's your bodies way of telling you you need certain nutrients. I think it's the same for this. Your inner voice is giving you permission to take a break.

In all wars, R&R is taken, groups retreat not because they are giving up but because a sense of renewal is gained and you come back better, stronger, and ready to take on the world again.

So take that vacation, even if it's in your own mind :-)
Old 07-12-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

LMN,
When I'm not feeling well I often feel yucky about everything around me.
The recovery work for you is about you. At least you recognise that you need a break from it all, so take it. And, you know where to find the help when you need it most.

That in itself is a healthy plan...know when enough is enough and do something about it.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Who the hell ever said life was supposed to be FUN? LOL just being a smartalec
Old 07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
wanting to just "have fun" means we suddenly find our lives boring, tedious or monotonous. (that was exactly where i was at 7.5 years clean and sober when i decided drinking was a good idea).
Thanks Anvil, I so needed to hear this.