Notices

3 Weeks!! :D

Old 07-10-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 Weeks!! :D

Well.. today marks 3 weeks of sobriety for me and i couldn't be happier and haven't felt this good in ages! I've never made it this far before and that is just giving me all the more strength to keep going!! Soon it will be a month, then 2 months, then 3...before I know it..i'll be looking forward to not counting weeks or months, but years!

Was very proud of myself the other day. I was putting away laundry and found something. Being an alcoholic we ALL know we have had MANY hiding spots for our "stash"... I had pints of empty and full vodka bottles everywhere... well, putting away laundry i found one... ( i thought i had gotten rid of them all but one fell through the cracks) It was half full..... yes, i held it.. sat on my bed..look at it... opened it.. smelled it... almost put it to my lips... thats when i just ran to the kitchen and dumped it out and tossed the bottle in the trash!

I basically said to myself.. no effin way! Im almost at 3 weeks and i refuse to give it up now.. cause i knew if i had that half pint...in about 2 hours time I would find myself making excuses to go for a drive in my car to get "something" from the store fair well knowing i would be driving straight to the liquor store to get more stuff...making well sure I would have enough for the "hair of the dog the next morning"...

I didn't want to be on the merry-go-round vicious cycle again... I felt so strong in dumping it, i felt empowered, i felt great! My smile never faded that day and is even wider today..

Thanks to everyone here who has been a big saving grace and pillar of strength to help me and so many others stay on the sober path!!!

May God watch over each and every one of you keeping you all close in his love and merciful grace!

Have a great day all! :ghug3
Old 07-10-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice! Good Job!! Im still trying to hit day one! Your story is inspiring!
Hey what kind of physical changes and mental have you seen? They say you wake up happier, sleep better and look better???
Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

WTG! Gigi
I'm glad I didn't stash the drink around our house, not sure what would've happened had I found that at 3 weeks, but sure glad you dumped it and moved on.
Never forget the reasons why we stay sober.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hunter...keep the faith you can do this!!!!

Oh my many changes... after the hump of the first few days you DO start to sleep much much better!!! There is a difference between getting a true nights sleep and rest..vs. passing out.. what we fail to realize is even if we sleep for 12 hours after a night/day of drinking...we arent really sleeping..our body is just passed out and we wake when our body sobers up...not real rest..

physical changes... sooo much more wide awake.. so much more energy!!!... skin looks better... eyes are brighter and more radiant... and i've already lost 15 pounds of alcoholic weight and bloat!

It's only been 3 weeks for me and all these changes have occurred already and each day gets better and better!

As for being happier? absolutely!!!! its nice waking up with such energy and not that dreaded hazey wobbly feeling ..hangover...needing that drink to stableize yourself...its true freedom from the alcoholic prison we have all been living in....

Just take that first step and START... seek a doctor for help too...it may help you through the first few days of withdrawls which can be very very uncomfortable...I wish you all the best of luck!!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done! One of the big things that was different this time I quit was just what you described... I dumped what I had instead of finishing it and then trying to quit! I think there's some empowerment in doing that. Also in my experience... after the third week things really started getting easier... enjoy your new life it's precious!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

im smiling for u

you are a pillar of strentgh here gigi!!! im so proud of u and by doing what you did ur "putting money in the bank"
keep up the amazing work ur putting into ur life
i had a similar situation when i was in rehab my knapsack was sent to me and when i opened the side pocket there it was, a pill bottle!
somehow got past the counselors, and i did the exact same thing as u
sat on my bed looked at them....opened it up....and ran down to parking lot threw it in the dumpster....cause theres nothing i wanted more then a different life i was living....and just like u had 3 weeks then 4...thens months....now w the grace of gd and friends like u have 6 1/2 years....what an amazing life...and i have no doubt ull b there 2 real soon!
much love and thank u for ur inspiring post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Red face

Miss Gigi, you are becoming an inspiration to me and providing me with hope that I can do it too. I use to hide vodka bottles all around my room (mostly in my laundry basket) and it always hurt me when I found an empty bottle. I look forward to the day when I can say, "its been three weeks since I consumed alcohol."

Thanks for your post.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah!
Old 07-10-2012, 07:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done=it's a great achievement
Old 07-10-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

@Newhope... good for you!!! Im glad your finding inspiration... keep that close to you and you will find strength as well! always remember YOU are stronger then IT.. thats my mantra lol. We here at SR are ALL here for YOU!!! so many wonderful people..the stories of struggle, relapse and strength regained will inspire you as well. I know there is an online meeting tonight in the chat room at 9pm EST. Maybe if you're able..stop by... you dont have to speak if you dont wish to..you can just listen...it's like an online AA meeting but just people sharing thoughts and ideas...it has helped me a great deal. If your interested...look for my post i wrote a bit ago ..it was my "breakup letter to my addiction"... if you cant find it..ill link it to you...may give you that extra boost!!!

@imsober42day... You my dear are a wonderful friend and im blessed to have met you Your words of encouragement have echoed through me as have the words of so many other great people here.. i really do love and care about each and every one of you!!!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Woohoo!! GiGi, You rock!! I'm so proud of you!! =)
Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey all, thank you for the kind words of encouragement.. you are all amazing!!!! big hugs all around!