All this and snakes too? Seriously?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All this and snakes too? Seriously?

Thanks in advance for letting me vent. I'm so lost and sad and lonely.

Sadly, I actually am not a newbie... I was here about 6 years ago with an ex-husband who was a pill addict. I finally got strong enough to save myself and I divorced him. (His demons finally killed him about 3 years after the divorce, which is a whole other sad, sad story) A year or so later I met a great man and was remarried about 4 years ago and guess what! This husband has turned out to be a serious alcoholic and here I am again!

When I first met my husband, he was the sweetest man... treated me like a princess and was so very kind to me. He was a social drinker, no big deal. Or so I thought. As time went on, he became more and more withdrawn and odd-acting... defensive and no longer the kind soul I thought I knew. Then I started finding the empty liquor bottles. He started losing interest in everything and everyone.

Now, he never even talks to me anymore, just sleeps all the time. When he's awake, he's drunk.

So in the past month, he wrecked his lawnmower and broke his ankle (luckily the blades disengaged and he didn't get cut)... had to have surgery on the ankle, was out of work (which means no money coming in from him and I'm terrified about how we are going to pay all the dr bills). I told him the booze had to stop or I was leaving and I'm sure you can guess how that went over.

Here's my past 7 days: we have an argument and he tells me to pack up and get out (but it is my house too, so I stayed put). So he decides he's leaving and goes to a hotel. While he's gone, I find 2 snakes in the basement! SHEESH! I mean, it's not enough to be scared about his health, my sanity and our finances, now I have to worry about snakes too?? COME ON!!

The worst part is that I should have known better and I should have seen the signs way before it got to this point. (with the husband, not the snakes). I'm trying to learn (again) how to let go and take care of myself again. But as all of you guys know, that is easier said than done. What scares me most is being scared all the time. I am so glad I remembered the support I found on this website when I was going through my problems the first time. I'm hoping I can find some peace through the sharing here.

thank you for listening...
Old 07-09-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Me too phoenix, though I never married. It's been almost a month and a half now and still am somewhat in shock that the same exact thing has happened yet again. Guess I did not learn the lesson the last time, or the time before that. How I missed it, I do not know. I am working with a therapist now to try to prevent this in the future, going to Al-Anon and AA, and reading a lot. Life keeps bringing you the same lesson, over and over, until you learn it.
(((hugs))) and call an exterminator.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Phoenix-
Snake Medicine is very powerful, very aggressive stuff.

And by Snake Medicine I mean the type of message these animals and your HP may be trying to send and offer you.

Snake Medicine offers us wisdom, healing, transmutation and power. It is all about protection.

I see the appearance of two snakes in your basement, just as your AH has left, as a precious gift being offered. If you take some time and pray and think about what you need, what you have been asking for, you may see it the same.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Transform: What do you mean? I'm not sure I know what you mean but I sure would like to!? I do absolutely believe that signs are given to us as gifts but I never thought of the snakes as being signs. Can you explain what they could be saying?

Last edited by phoenixarise; 07-09-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Not finished typing my thought
Old 07-09-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

What I know about Snake Medicine is what I told you above.

It may be scary or seem difficult to go within and translate it yourself, but maybe that's just because you're not accustom to listening to your inner wisdom.

The snakes came to you. They will tell you what you need to know. You can look up and learn about snake medicine, then apply it to your specific situation.

To me, this is very personal, it's between you and the Spirits.

Ok, I"m editing this because I was in a hurry and not careful and I sound bitchy, which I am not and don't want to treat you that way.

I know the state you're in-I live this way too!! I don't know what you're faith is, but if you pray and open up and allow Creator to speak to you and heal you, you'll be ok. I promise.

Everything is going to be OK. You are loved and protected and your HP is trying to help you. You just gotta listen and let it flow.

Hope this helps!~

Last edited by transformyself; 07-09-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: I sound bitchy
Old 07-09-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Survivor

I am really glad you remembered this site too.

I am wishing you peace, hope, and happiness.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you're back :ghug3
Old 07-09-2012, 12:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

A snake in your basement may mean you have a rodent infestation.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Magnificent Snake Totem possesses the following virtues:

Wisdom, healing, intuition, awaking of creative forces, ability to handle change without resistance, new opportunities for change, material vitality, intellect, power over rashness in speech and thought, emotional control, increased sensitivity to the environment, increased powers of smell, transmutation, and increased powers of observation.
That said, I'd call an exterminator too.

I'm sorry for your sadness right now and hope you can work it through to a healthy healing for yourself.

Welcome back.

Hugs
Old 07-09-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Apparently I did have a rodent infestation but now I no longer do. When I found the first snake, there were several furry corpses around it. But I have sealed the entrances where animal control thought they were getting in so I hope that my critter problem is over.

See? I'm trying to find the good in everything. The snakes got rid of the mice and now I hope I closed the opening where the snakes were getting in.

But since then, I have seen report after report about how this is "The summer of the snake" and even heard a report just this morning on NPR about how frequent snake sightings have become this year. "Shudder"... I'm not terribly afraid of them as long as they're not in my house with my dogs.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you to everyone for your kindness. I knew I would find it here.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Survivor

Originally Posted by phoenixarise View Post
Thank you to everyone for your kindness. I knew I would find it here.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have sealed the entrances where animal control thought they were getting in so I hope that my critter problem is over.
Now if only I could seal the entrances where the alcoholics and addicts have been getting in so that my a$$holes in my life problem would be over.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Learn2Live, that made me laugh out loud!! Thank you for that! Mwah-ha-ha!!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

i don't know how you feel about trapping animals, but there are lots of ways to get rid of rodents (in the future) without paying a fortune for an exterminator. aside from live traps, you could also get some glue traps or simple rat traps baited with peanut butter or moistened whole rolled oats. that last one got me 95% of my specimens when i took field zoology in college.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I called animal control and they came and got the snake. I asked them what I owed them for coming to my rescue and the guy asked if he could keep the snake!! I said... uhhhh.... yeah?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey. I recently had snake story. I have glass doors on my Moblie home that we use as our main entrance. About 2 weeks ago they started to stick. I kept wondering and looking why they were sticking sometimes. Then that night my AH was drinking beer and I had bought some new fertilizer for my pasture. I was really excited about getting it fertlized so we were looking at the fertilizer bags outside. He carried one of them onto the porch. After while he went in to pass out in bedroom and I continued doing stuff outside. In about an hour it started to lightening off in the distance. So I finished up my chores and headed to the house. I passed the fertilizer bags and thought I better bring them inside. I picked up first bag and carried it in the door. When I turned to close the door with the bag on my shoulder, I was looking into the eyes and wide open mouth of a snake in my door jam. Of course I was more than startled!! Put the bag down and tried to close the door on it. Didn't work! Thought about my next step and went to get the mop and broom. I started hitting it with the broom trying to knock it down so I could beat it's little head off with the mop. It wouldn't move. Then I thought about sleeping husband. I called to him and told him what was going on. He tells me to just let it in. So much for having a drunk man to assist you. Well for once I was the one that said the nasty things!! I can't remember what names I called him but he finally got up and knocked the snake down and it slithered off the porch. Yes I had nightmares about the snake and also worried that it was some kind of sign from God. Still haven't made up my mind on that. And yes I still check that stupid door everytime I go out of it.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Member of SMART Recovery

I am glad folks have kept their senses of humor around here!

Anyway, phoenix, it sounds like your "picker" (of men) may be broken. Two in a row! Yikes!