Notices

When does the madness end

Old 07-07-2012, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When does the madness end

I keep thinking I'm some kind of rockstar. I have gotten bombed at least 4 times in the past week, not including this past month, or even year. I keep saying that I'll just have one, that this drunk is the last one. Today I left work because I was still drunk. I will miss two days pay because of a technicality with having the 4th off. I will also be in trouble for my absence. I went straight to an aa meeting. I hope this syep will bring me the life I want. I have so many good things going for me. I am in a much better place than last year when zi went to aa regularly last year. I can't believe I let my drinking effect my job today. My health is suffering. I think i have gastrtis/ibs, my teeth are becoming more and mote sensitive, and i am heavy. Spider veins have appeared on my legs and a vericose vein is developing on my leg. This has to end now..i have a drinking problem, drinking does only negative things to me. This madness must end.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it to a meeting today! Great step This is such a wonderful, supportive forum. Keep posting!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Welcome to the forums. AA has kept me sober and sane for 4 months. I think it's a great place to start.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Keep it up , relief is on its way. I love my AA life now.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome back, gnly -

I saw myself going downhill too and decided I might as well get sober and get it over with since I knew I'd have to do it sooner or later. Besides, I really didn't want to find out how much worse it could get - it was hard to get through the day already.

Now that I'm sober I wish I'd done it sooner. Congrats on making a great decision. Things really will get better. (Be careful detoxing, though.)
Old 07-07-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Drinking caused me lots of problems, untill i realized i was an alcoholic .

Picking up the first drink and drinking it is where my life starts going crazy and a depresive repetative cycle starts over .

Good and bad things still happen but i have a fighting chance of dealing with things if i'm sober .

M
Old 07-07-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the support. I'm a little concerned about the transition because I am single and guys always want to get a drink. I wish i didn't have this problem.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Stick with the oldtimers in AA, you'll be fine.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-07-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The transition is tough, but what's to say you can't go out still, have some good conversation, and drink a club soda with lime? That's assuming that the guys you are referring to and yourself have something else in common besides the drink in your hand.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Only way to stop the madness is to stop drinking. Warning bells when I read "single guys drink". Are you looking for reasons to keep drinking?

Take the best of care

CaiHong
Old 07-08-2012, 02:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gnly View Post
Thanks everyone for the support. I'm a little concerned about the transition because I am single and guys always want to get a drink. I wish i didn't have this problem.
Welcome to SR Gnly.

This transition is the most important thing you'll ever do. Don't let anything stand in your way. If you feel the need to avoid the guys for a bit then so be it. Most of us have had to do that to some extent. It isn't forever, just until you find your sober feet. I had a lot of fear of what other people would think about my not drinking. Coming out of the other side of it now I finally realise that actually no one really cares whether I drink or not. But it is important not to let that fear make you drink just so you can appear normal.

All the best x
Old 07-08-2012, 03:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

You've admitted you have a drinking problem, and you got in trouble on the job, so perhaps focusing on your sobriety hould become your #1 priority for the time being.