facebook message from JJ

Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

facebook message from JJ

Hello SR family, I got another Facebook post from my son today.
He hates his life, said he has failed at two overdose attempts and he said he is hep c and hiv positive. He said now he can only hope for a long prison term.
All I could do is tell him to get help, detoxl first then rehab. He still has insurance and can get admitted to detox for up to 5 days of coverage. Does anyone know if the Salvation Army has connections to any medical facilities for medicines for Hep C and HIV?

My kids and my husband are in agreement, there is nothing we can do for JJ.
He has to make the choice. I hope this is the bottom, but who can tell?
I think he must have finally use up all the money he stole and burned all bridges of enablers he has been hanging out with since he dropped off the face of the planet on May 15 or he wouldn't have bothered posting at all.

I guess the only good thing to say is he is still on this earth.
I am not powerful and can do NOTHING except give it up.
I have given it to God.
There is a reason if he really did try to kill himself that it didn't work.
Send your prayers that God is working on him.
Oh and I have no idea where he is, if he is still in San Diego or somewhere else. He is near a computer or at least was long enough to respond to me on Facebook. The last message I sent him on 6-27.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

just wanted to send you some hugs and also let you know that I am saying prayers for you, your son, and the rest of your family.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Prayers being said for you, your family and your son.

As far as I know, and it mentions on the SA website, they do address health issues as part of both adult rehab services and homeless population. The specifics are available by contacting the local SA (but since you don't know where your son is, that isn't much help).

May God hold you and your son in the palm of His hand, and send ministering angels to you both.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry I don't know about the Salvation Army - but someone is sure to come along who does. I just wanted to give you a virtual ((((Hug)))) and let you know I really feel for you and this situation. Hang in there!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

awwww, I am so sorry (((TT))). I can only hope JJ is lying about his health issues. Only addiction would make us hope for a lie.....Geesh!!

Either way, I continue to pray for you all.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

How do you know that he has Hep C and is HIV Positive? Because he says
so?

Many an addict and/or alkie has used this or cancer or some other terminal
illness to get some more 'help, ie money' from mommy and daddy or their
enabler.

I pray that this is what this is. Your reply was great.

Yes, SA does help them to get to medical appointments etc and it is great
that he still has insurance.

If they have no insurance, they still help to find them whatever is available
health care.

Please, do not start thinking the worst yet. Also, two, not one but two
FAILED overdose attempts. Again, just sounds like more manipulation to
me. I know I may be wrong, but ...................... just sayin ..............

Love and hugs,
Old 07-07-2012, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You know what they say about addicts and lying.

Take care of you and your family.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you everyone. I understand he is manipulating me. I also question the hep c and HIV thing since when would he find out about that? Anyway, thank you and lets all just pray for the miracle that is CHOICE.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 07-07-2012, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I so applaud you for your courage. This has got to be a parent's nightmare. That you can think in recovery terms is a powerful thing, and shows that you have put in recovery work to get to this point.

Sending support and encouragement,

CLMI
Old 07-07-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you CLMI, I hurt thinking about his state of mind, but it is HIS choice and since he is not asking to get into a rehab, I really dont have any advice for him. He says his life is over, but I believe in our darkest hour is where the miracle happens.
I am tempted to facebook him back (codie kicking in) and I wont do it. He knows I love him and he knows he can go to the hospital for detox. Then and only then would I consider talking to him face to face.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief with you, sweetie. I'm glad he made contact even if it's disturbing. I am very proud of the way you are handling it and you are a real inspiration to me...as always. Wish I was there to sit and have a coffee with you. My prayers will have to do for now. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

**{HUGS}}

I hope this means he's getting close to being able to admit he needs help. You'll be in my prayers.

(I doubt he's hep C and HIV +...he probably hasn't been close enough to medical care to be tested and wait around for results.)

If we only knew when we first looked into their eyes as newborns what the future held...these poor fragile boys who break our hearts again and again...
Old 07-07-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks TJP, I so appreciate your support and caring.
I too am relieved I heard from him. This is the same type of facebook message he sent to me on 6/7. He is struggling with surrender. I know from all of the others who have walked before me, the only way he will have a chance at a life is to completely surrender, have humility and fall on his knees begging for sobriety.
Total surrender. I am unwilling to say that the person who is sending these messages is the son whom I love more than life itself. This is the addict, and my son has to hate the addict as much as I hate the addict in order to leave it behind.
God bless
you.
TT
Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I feel so bad for you having to go through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you Sunday and Davins Grammy, this is such a surreal life we are living isnt it?
I am trying so hard to just let go and the mother in me is fighting my resolve to let go of the addict. I want my son back so badly.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Stay strong, you are doing the best thing you can for JJ. You and your son are in my prayers.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Oh, Teresa, my heart breaks for you, your family, and JJ. I'm glad that you finally heard from him, and I pray with you that this is the bottom and that he will get help. Despite everything that has happened, I know that you will be there for him when he does, and so does he. Lots of hugs.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

TT- You are doing a good job detaching. He has options and he knows it. I am praying for you and your son.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Mixed blessings. You heard from the son you love, but it wasn't good news. I pray he soon seeks the recovery so badly needed. Being a mom can be so doggone painful at times.

Will they lie about health for sympathy? You betcha! My son led me to believe for almost Five years that he was HIV positive. He wasn't . But now my AS truly is hep C positive and has been for probably 8 years or so. He isn't symptomatic though, so even with the diagnosis, it doesn't mean life is over.

You are a strong person and I admire that. Praying for all our sons and daughters who have taken a dangerous detour in life.