Notices

Hello Forum

Old 07-07-2012, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello Forum

Hiya everyone, new to this site, struggling just now after doing really well for nearly 6 weeks, not got a new sober date but hopefully will soon, good to find a forum to look through though while i'm trying to get the courage to stop and get back to meetings
Old 07-07-2012, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Eunectes!

Glad you're looking at getting sober again. I had a l-o-n-g relapse and it seemed to be harder than ever to break, but after finding this forum, I felt like I could do it. It's so nice to have support and inspiration at my fingertips 24/7.

Make yourself at home - we're glad you're here!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, all started with a stupid resentment this time as usual, something I should have dealt with or spoken about, but as usual I didn't because I was too embarrassed and now everyone around me is suffering again. Really though that 6 weeks was the best i've had for years, and it fell apart in less than two hours on monday, well, that's the day I 'created' an excuse anyway, so angry at myself

Sorry for moaning
Old 07-07-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Moan away - it's good for you!

Those 6 weeks haven't lost their value and if you learn from this relapse, you'll be more ready to deal with temptation in the future. I like this quote:
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 07-07-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Eunectes, welcome!
You came to the right place. We're here to support you in your recovery.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Eunectes

You're in the best place for support. Join the Class of July and make this month when you quit. It really helps to go through this with other people in the same boat x
Old 07-07-2012, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
In Progress

Welcome! I'm on my third day here and have already found it immensely helpful. I read posts in the morning and night and I really feel they are already helping me feel stronger from so many great people with wonderful things to say. I hope it works the same way for you!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Do you know what I think started all of this.....well, me and my mum are in the same aa group, she was sharing and I was supposed to do a reading at the table, but before the meeting I went in a mood and then hid so I couldn't be asked, and then hated myself for it, this was on the friday of last week, and then that self hatred built and I drank on monday. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I felt so good before that friday, meetings 5 nights a week and one night at a sponsors, no tv till late at night and prayers morning and night, and just trying to keep busy (gym etc). Never really before when I have put in so much effort has a relapse happened so suddenly
Old 07-07-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's good to realise what things can set us off Eunectes so we can learn to avoid them in the future or at least know when to ask for help. Have you spoke to anyone from your AA group yet? x
Old 07-07-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome to SR ..
Old 07-07-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome :ghug3
Old 07-08-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
It's good to realise what things can set us off Eunectes so we can learn to avoid them in the future or at least know when to ask for help. Have you spoke to anyone from your AA group yet? x
Spoke to a couple of them while drunk on wedneday but not since. Haven't had a drink today so was able to get my dog back off my mum and get her home. Bit worried about things at my mum, she says I have caused real chaos with my brother and her this time, and she's going away for a few days before my brother goes on holiday, obviously I don't know where. I had drink left in the house last night, but after manipulating somebody who I know has a bit of a crush on me into buying me cigarrettes and dropping them off to me at midnight, the shame finally hit me and I poured it all down the sink. I'll be on a diet of rice and water until thursday I think but that's just the way it's going to need to be. I'll get back to aa this week, really hope that was my last time, honestly I think i've been drunk more than i've been sober the past couple of years. My relapses have been chronic
Old 07-08-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

Everyone is AA will welcome you back with open arms. I have relapsed many times, and they always have welcomed me back!!