Our Motto For Today

Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Our Motto For Today

Dear Everyone,
Today, it is ME FIRST. Put your self first in every choice you have to make, every thought, every word. If someone else asks you for something, or asks you to do something, or does something that affects you, without asking, first ask yourself, "What do I need?" and "How will this affect ME?" Beware of your feelings of obligation. Beware of your willingness to help. Beware of the "Shoulds."

Take care of YOU FIRST today.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh I love these "all about me" days, really I do.

Today Mr. Ann and I are going for a ride in the country stopping at towns along the way to enjoy art shows and craft shows and quaint little shops. And we shall have lunch at a place I love by a river and watch the swans.

Mr. Ann has business in the area, so while he is off tending to business, I shall be walking and shopping and taking time to be very good to myself.

No "shoulds" for me today, just "can" and "will".

Hugs
Old 07-06-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh goodie! Me Day! I'm going shopping with my Mom. Then back home to lounge by the pool, soak up some sun and enjoy some friends.

Me Days are good days.

Thank you L2L for declaring today a Me Day!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-06-2012, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Oh I love these "all about me" days, really I do.

Today Mr. Ann and I are going for a ride in the country stopping at towns along the way to enjoy art shows and craft shows and quaint little shops. And we shall have lunch at a place I love by a river and watch the swans.

Mr. Ann has business in the area, so while he is off tending to business, I shall be walking and shopping and taking time to be very good to myself.

No "shoulds" for me today, just "can" and "will".

Hugs
Oh! I wish I had a Mr. Ann to go shopping with. The person who is no longer in my life USED TO BE like Mr. Ann but that person is no longer.

Now, how did I turn this from a thread about me first, to a thread about Mr. Ann and the person I am no longer with?
Old 07-06-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just responded to another thread over on F&F of Alcoholics and realized I need to add something to this thread. In addition to "Beware of your feelings of obligation. Beware of your willingness to help. Beware of the "Shoulds."" Beware of your willingness to GO AGAINST YOUR OWN NEEDS out of fear. Fear that someone will talk badly about you if you don't do what they want. Fear that someone will not like you if you do what YOU want instead of what THEY want. Fear that someone will take their love away from you if you do not accommodate THEM. Do not allow yourself to be manipulated by fear of retaliation for you taking care of yourself. Do not let sick people run your life!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today I am going to the gym after work and hugging Mr. JJ cuz I want too
For me I am going to look at recipes of healthy food choices and resume my cooking project I let go of 2 months ago when all H(**LL broke loose with my son.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Whoo Hoo.....this is great!

I am heading out for a bike ride - going to make it flat and fun! Prep dinner, watch Tour de France recap (I missed it live this morning) and then sit down and have dinner by candlelight just for me!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good timing. L2L! Thanks!

Wish I could go with you, Ann, and never one time mention our AS's. ...Hmmm, the plural possessivee of that looks a little weird. Maybe it's trying to tell me something! HeeHee.

Just so happens that yesterday was consumed with son, health, move and tomorrow may be much the same, BUT for today......

My Mr. Washbe is off today, my phone is off, and we are going to a movie and to eat dinner. Would love to find a nice little place to drive in the country and take my camera, too. Who knows what the day hold!? I just know it WON'T be about my AS!

Thank you guys for all the reminders!!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wahoo! Mr. KE took the afternoon off and now it's a We Day! Yay!
Old 07-06-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Today has been a me day I took Daisy to the museum to meet some friends and their toddlers, I took her to my mums house for dinner and then I went to my meeting. I love that my days no longer revolve around a grown man who is very prone to temper tantrums!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Today I went to the office instead of working at home, so that I am not alone.

Today I talked to AXBF's sister and feel much relieved to have MY reality, instead of the addict's reality, validated by someone in their family!!!! I cannot tell you how good it feels to have someone else acknowledge this person's bad behavior and immoral actions! I feel so much better!

This afternoon I am going to acupuncture amd I am going to also Google some Feng Shui things I can do to "cleanse" the house of A&AXBF and all his toxicity.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Today I went to see Spiderman with Mr. Mama and 11-year-old son. Awesome fun! Popcorn, soda, the whole movie-going experience (and where we live, there is a super inexpensive theater, so my Scottish blood rejoices for the bargain)

Took long walk with 11-year-old and we both decided that the tree that I've never been happy with in our front yard has to go--bad feng shui, as a matter of fact. It's right in line with the front door--kind of a feng shui no-no. So we're still deciding whether we'll have it dug up and moved elsewhere (not too many other places for it to go), or if it will just come down and the wood stored for the fireplace.

Also started the day with having the doc remove a troublesome looking mole and send it off to path lab. I'd been putting it off a bit, but since my husband had a malignant melanoma removed from his back a few years ago, I should know better. I do know better, so I finally made the appointment and told the doc to give me a bad*** scar--none of this fancy stichery for me. That's when he told me he used to be a thoracic surgeon in England before he came here and entered private practice as family practitioner. Minor mole surgery may not sound like everyone's idea of a "Me Day," but it was for me. So I guess it counts!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
I just responded to another thread over on F&F of Alcoholics and realized I need to add something to this thread. In addition to "Beware of your feelings of obligation. Beware of your willingness to help. Beware of the "Shoulds."" Beware of your willingness to GO AGAINST YOUR OWN NEEDS out of fear. Fear that someone will talk badly about you if you don't do what they want. Fear that someone will not like you if you do what YOU want instead of what THEY want. Fear that someone will take their love away from you if you do not accommodate THEM. Do not allow yourself to be manipulated by fear of retaliation for you taking care of yourself. Do not let sick people run your life!
Thanks, for posting that I have not been doing some of the things I wanna do because of fear of what my dad might think. UGH
Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Today, I went shopping with my step-mom and tonight I am going too see some friends.

Life is good.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It was a good day for me and sounds like a good day for several of us thanks for the shares. This is the first day I could laugh in 5 weeks! What a relief to feel I can move forward.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Praying Mama, we went to see Spiderman today as well! I found it quite entertaining and enjoyed it . Had lunch at a new place, at least for us.

Haven't talked to AS today, but do admit to a couple of texts.
Glad several of you did something for yourselves today, too.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

so for you ladies that want to continue your "ME" day...

Anthropologie.com is having a 25% off on their already ON SALE items. The stores might be the same too.

Look at this $50 scarf for only $9.95. I actually have this scarf... very vibrant, soft and pretty. After additional 25% off.. that scarf is $7.50!

Immeasurable Marks Loop - Anthropologie.com

it's backordered but you can still order it and it'll be available to ship on 7/19
Old 07-07-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ooh, so cute! Thanks for the heads-up on the sale! I need to do some shopping for myself, no doubt.