A vent, standing up to business partner

Old 07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

A vent, standing up to business partner

My insane business partner wanted me to have my measly little writers sign this ******* contract that includes all kinds of ridiculous crap.

One of the many reasons I'm getting away from her is because i am opposed, almost all of the time, to the way she does business.

I sent her an email back, saying the one person she needs to pay didn't agree to any of this crap when I asked her to write me an article, so I'm not comfortable asking her to sign anything now.

I told her to please pay her, then send her a contract if she wants.

She's prone to rages and vindictiveness, so it makes me anxious to deal with her in this way, but she can bite me.

Reality is, this is still 50% my paper. I'm sick of her threatening me and hope to be done with her soon.

Thanks for letting me vent here guys. I hope that once I am done with the AH and this person I will have eliminated the problems and not go out and find new ones.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, vent away! Sorry I have no ESH to share on this subject. I hope you can get out of this partnership one war or another. Until then - set boundaries, be firm, don't let her run over you. And vent here when needed. Best of luck dealing with this.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am sorry that ths is still going on.
Bullies suck.

There is a lot of stuff on the interwebs about dealing with people like this, and I know you are already way on top of that.

I am rooting for you transform!