Vacation update

Old 07-05-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vacation update

Hi all! I have been gone for 6 days and am having a wonderful time. I am limiting contact with AH. We talk about once a day for 6-10 mins or so and we're getting along very well. Of course, it's so much easier to get along over the phone as I have no idea what he's doing, where he's going, etc and I like it like that! And, I'm sure he likes having the freedom to do whatever he wants without wondering if I'm glaring at him.

I spent the 4th with my grandparents and uncle. man, it was so nice to be around them. My grandparents are so wonderful with each other and I can't understand how my family of origin got so messed up. I am driving up to GA tomorrow to spend the weekend with my aunt. She is the most compassionate and gentle person I've ever known and I want to pick her brain to learn more about her childhood and her failed marriage from years ago. She married a workaholic abusive man who eventually cheated on her and they divorced. My mom chose the lazy alcoholic that was my dad and I guess I want to find outré about family patterns and how they helped shape me.

Then I may be meeting up with a friend on Amelia Island, FL and we're going to have our kids meet. She's a forum friend from another forum that i frequent for homeschooling and we've known each other for at least 5 years now. I'm really working on my tan, too, and will be taking my son for a run on the beach tonight! Oh, and I found a few Al Anon meetings and went to one on Tuesday. Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!
Old 07-05-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

enjoy your R & R!!!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Enjoy your time away.
It is so nice to catch up with family and reconnect.
Also exciting to meet your friend from the forum and have your kids meet too.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What an awesome way to take a break! Enjoy!

I am a little jealous...its 54 here this morning. I have images of sandy beaches and warm water where you are.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Survivor

Sounds wonderful. I'm so glad you got to get away.