Notices

Any advice?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any advice?

Does anyone have any experience with recovery from a Molly addiction? Someone very close to me needs help. Actually my BFs brother. He is young and Molly is very popular right now with kids from his age up to mine. I have heard that most people do 1-3 points when "rolling" on Molly. I've been told that's about the regular usage and it's mostly done as a recreational party drug on weekends, special occasions, etc. He has been doing around 9 points twice a week and smoking a ton of pot to battle the comedown from the Molly. He is safe tonight and his family is planning on talking to him tomorrow about this to try to help. I want to help in anyway that I can but am only familiar with alcohol. Any advice?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow...Another drug I've never heard of...What a simple childhood I had.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

Molly is ecstasy, MDMA. just wanted to throw that out there so we knew what we were talking about here. That being said..it doesn't really matter what it is, he will need to want sobriety and recovery on his own.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
Wow...Another drug I've never heard of...What a simple childhood I had.
I know. It's horrible. This website has information on what it is. All about Molly The scary thing is that they don't know for sure what they are taking. It's a white powder in a capsule. I don't get why anyone would want to take it. :/
Old 07-04-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
Molly is ecstasy, MDMA. just wanted to throw that out there so we knew what we were talking about here. That being said..it doesn't really matter what it is, he will need to want sobriety and recovery on his own.
I agree. I wasn't sure if there would be things that are more specific to Molly particularly. If the detoxing process is different from alcohol or other drugs, maybe information from someone that had an addiction to Molly is now in recovery, what they can expect if he does choose to quit, etc.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's frightening the stuff these kids are taking these days....Tragic is a better word.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For a short period of time I took ecstasy 1 - 3 times a week. I've never heard of Molly but Smacked says it's ecstasy so I'll just assume that it's exactly the same. I used to take anywhere up to 5 pills of ecstasy and like I said, did it 1 - 3 times a week. It was a horrible, horrible time in my life and I regret it so much. For me, I couldn't just stop taking it when everyone around me was, and so the only way I could get away from it completely was to move back home with my mother. I was living in London at the time, and hanging around with a group of people who took a lot of drugs. I was very silly and very naive. I can't remember having any problems with withdrawals, just that for a long time after I stopped taking them I was very depressed. I was anxious and annoyed with myself. I don't know what lasting effects the drug has had on me, but I know my brain isn't as functioning as it used to be, and my concentration isn't as good as it once was. Taking drugs on a regular basis really messes up your ability to think, especially before your brain has stopped developing at 25. I hope he manages to quit them soon, because it's not a nice life for anyone to lead.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We're you drinking when you were taking that MrsKing?....And if you were...Did you stop taking that and drinking at the same time?