Notices

Staying hydrated and sober in this heat

Old 07-04-2012, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying hydrated and sober in this heat

Today I spent all day out doing touristy/fun things with out of town friends. The heat index was 112, actual temp about 100 and we were outside or in non-air conditioned places all day. It was fun but the heat and humidity were brutal.

Today I drank:
Two cups of coffee
A large Red Bull
Six bottles of water
Plus water from a drinking fountain
52 entire ounces of carrot juice (I'll be orange in the morning)
Grapefruit juice, a couple of glasses (drinking some now)
Can of green tea
Also had two Edy's frozen juice bars

And I only peed twice, so all those fluids were simply evaporating!
And here I was thinking it would be nice not to have to dseal with all the empty bottles and cans from drinking alcohol - not to mention trying to hide them from the neighbors on trash day - but I'm acquiring an embarassing litter of water bottles, juice cartons and Red Bull cans.

I hope everyone is having a sober, safe Independence Day!

**Oops. I meant to put this in the Newcomers forum.... sorry.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'll move it over for you....

Yes...keeping hydraded is important especially during outside things

Look at it this way...now you have a better class of trash
Old 07-04-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

give up that red stuff, it's not good for us. Drink more water!!!! Watch the caffeine, too!
Old 07-04-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Happy 4th it was. Glad you had fun , I also went to two meetings that were not AC , but no problem.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lfh4555 View Post
We take our empties to a recycling depot. Get a refund on the empties (of course I`m not naive enough to believe it is not factored into the original price!) So glad I don't have to carry in two shopping carts full of empty wine bottles and beer cans anymore.

lh
NOW I can take my empties to the recycling place, I was too ashamed to stagger in with a sack full of booze empties on a regular basis.

Although, I got into the habit of slipping them into gas station trash cans in the "bad" part of town where people go through the trash looking for empties; at least that way someone recycled them. And probably quite often used the resulting change to buy liquor...but I can't control that.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Water is great! Flushes the body. Red bull makes a nutty. Too much taurine or something in it.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Seriously I'm not going to worry about a Red Bull or two, or one or two cups of coffee in the morning. No problem with the taurine in Red Bull; you can look it up. The caffeine can be problematic if one drinks really a lot of it though.

Especially since I NEVER drink soda, avoid HFCS, junk food and generally eat very clean and healthful, unlike most people. And, am not swilling down gallons of alcohol now. AND I quit smoking in April! Yay me.

No such thing as food (or drink, excluding alcohol in my case obviously) that's bad for you, only an overall diet can be bad (or good.)

But yeah, I drink tons of water, always have even when drinking. My Britta water jug gets re-filled almost daily, I carry cases of bottled water in both vehicles for work because I do physical work often outdoors. H20 is good stuff.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
Seriously I'm not going to worry about a Red Bull or two, or one or two cups of coffee in the morning. No problem with the taurine in Red Bull; you can look it up. The caffeine can be problematic if one drinks really a lot of it though.

Especially since I NEVER drink soda, avoid HFCS, junk food and generally eat very clean and healthful, unlike most people. And, am not swilling down gallons of alcohol now. AND I quit smoking in April! Yay me.

No such thing as food (or drink, excluding alcohol in my case obviously) that's bad for you, only an overall diet can be bad (or good.)

But yeah, I drink tons of water, always have even when drinking. My Britta water jug gets re-filled almost daily, I carry cases of bottled water in both vehicles for work because I do physical work often outdoors. H20 is good stuff.
Totally agree with you here. I don't think Red Bull is bad. MY body just can't handle it for some reason. Now coffee. . .I could drink my body weight if the caffeine didn't get me so bad.