Notices

Day 2help

Old 07-04-2012, 12:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2help

Need some advice,day two and only eight in the morning here and I've already got the demons,I don't normaly need a drink until the evening.WHy am I'm feeling like this is it because I have decide to stop and it's testing me ,heeeeeeeelp
Old 07-04-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robsta81 View Post
Need some advice,day two and only eight in the morning here and I've already got the demons,I don't normaly need a drink until the evening.WHy am I'm feeling like this is it because I have decide to stop and it's testing me ,heeeeeeeelp
Just know your body is addicted to this drug. That is why it's so hard to stop. So just realize that it's going to be tough at first because it's drastic changes to your mind and body. So do everything you can to take up your time. Go to the gym, take a walk... get some food, go to the movies, etc. The first couple days I was so restless that I could not stop moving. Every second I wanted a drink. But just know if you wake up on day 3 with out drinking, it gets easier and easier. Just fight the demons with everything you got!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think when we do something definitive to quit, there's another part of us that gets a little freaked out by that...

Some people describe that as our addiction fighting back, and that's as good a description as any

It is uncomfortable and it's not always pleasant -but it doesn't last forever and you can absolutely ride it out..surround yourself with support Robsta

D
Old 07-04-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Alcohol will do that to you if you have been drinking every day and you just cut it off. I'm not going to tell you how to get sober...But I will share how I just got a year without a drink after daily drinking for over 30 years. I found a program that works for millions of people and has been around for awhile and I committed myself to it. Early on for me just making it an hour was a major accomplishment...And I had to fill my time doing something with the many hours I had spent on drinking. I now had a fellowship of people with the same problem that I had that I could meet with...Call if I needed too....Make plans to do something where I had no fear of alcohol being involved.
I'm a people person...I like being around people. The problem I had....Was most of the people I knew drank...And I knew if I drank I wouldn't be on this planet much longer. So changing who I ran around with was the first change that I had to make....New friends that don't drink....Freinds that really care about me and are watching out for me that I don't drink...Where do you find them?....Not many places...But all of a sudden I have a bunch of them.
I also had to find out why I drank like I did. What made me tick and why did I use alcohol as a solution for my problems...I needed to get honest with myself to make that happen....Going from a life of complete denial and total lies...To looking in the mirror and getting brutally honest with myself....It's not an easy thing to do...But I needed to grow up and do it. So far it's worked.
One other thing I was really lacking that needed to be addressed...Was what purpose did I have in life? I mean other than letting my loved ones down and losing things...I was pretty useless. I needed a complete psychic change...Get out of thinking about nothing but myself...And put more into what I could do for others...Try and live by spritual principles like honesty, love, brotherhood, compassion..rather than who do I have to screw over to get my next drink. Basically it was about changing everything about me...But my name. What are there...100,000 people on this site?....I see a few that say...Do it on your own....I see few more that do it the way I do it...With help...Some people just do a lot of excersize...I guess there are some that do nothing at all and just quit. Find your path...Follow it...I think the thing that finally sunk through my thick skull...That helped me more than anything...Was when I realized that fighting it was a waste of my time...And that giving up the fight...And following some direction from people that had stopped and were happy without it....Was the easier softer way. Good luck to you...Don't drink today.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's a normal freak out Robsta x You're on antabuse though right? So you can't drink. Hit a meeting instead. If there isn't one coming up (I see you're in Wales ) then read on here or the big book online to distract you and hopefully you'll pick up some good tips for dealing with cravings x Try urge surfing, thinking the drink through etc...
Old 07-04-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cheers took your advice rammed my day doing things nearly there
Old 07-04-2012, 11:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Robsta, give AA a try.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Our addiction is going to pitch a fit at first. In fact, the mental obsession got worse right after I stopped drinking, but with each day sober I felt a little better and a little stronger and it gave me enough momentum to tackle the next day. Day 2 was the worst for me..... If you can stay busy, that's great. I didn't have the energy to do much, I just stayed glued to this place.

Just know that it will get better!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The first few days are uncomfortable and pretty much just suck. Stat hydrated and know it will get better. It's tough to believe until you feel it, but just tell yourself that 3-5 days of uncomfortable feeling is better than a repeat of uncomfortable feeling if you have a drink and have to start over.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Stick with it and you wont go threw it again. Its lessens and lessens.