mail trail

Old 07-02-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mail trail

Just want to say how exhausting this is for me. Today in the mail we got another ticket that JJ somehow got on 5/31 (he has been MIA since 5/15).
Not sure WHY he has a ticket in which he has no vehicle.
Then another reminder of his bail from last year which he has never paid. All told, he has 2400.00 of unpaid moving violations (fees adding up because he never took care of them), $3500.00 in bail fees and of course the never ending debt he owes us.

I wish I could tell everyone, STOP MAILING HIS SH*T to our house.

Sigh...
If and when he comes to his senses, he has a mountain of citations, tickets and payback he will need to deal with.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Can you just write..."NOT AT THIS ADDRESS" on the mail and return it to sender?
Old 07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thats what i was thinking Suki!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

You can mark "Addresses Unknown, Return To Sender" and put it back in your mailbox.
Eventually, it will stop.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

The sender has no way of knowing they are using the wrong address unless someone tells them. It might take a while, but eventually, the mail will stop coming to you, if you are consistent.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I have done all of the above except CO's suggestion which I will do this weekend. Up until 5/15, I would give JJ his own mail (which was of course ignored!)
Just unhappy reminders of the choices he has made and continues to make. I pray one day he finds a way to redemption.
Addiction and Drugs SUCK
Old 07-02-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do understand how you feel. I just shove the mail in an empty drawer in our guest bedroom. It never dawned on me (really) to put something in at the post office to have the mail stop coming. I don't open it and it really doesn't bother me so.....in the drawer it goes.

Now the CALLS from collection agencies were driving me nuts.....so I put a stop to those by simply telling them the truth--that he can't be reached at our phone number, he is a drug addict and is homeless living in a neighboring town, he has no phone number where he can be reached that I am aware of, and I haven't seen him in months. Evidently that's all it took because the calls have stopped and the people were very nice about it once I explained.

I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this.....I do understand.

You and your son continue to be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 07-02-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry you're going through this, Teresa. And JJ too. Hope he gets to a place soon where he's had enough of this lifestyle and is ready to get clean. You're both in my prayers.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ugh. Know that nonsense. And how draining it is. How it can stop you in your tracks and start to drag you down into the pit.

You are so right. Addiction and everything that goes with it sucks like the great big black hole that it is.