Notices

Date went weird so I left

Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Date went weird so I left

So I met this girl on craigslist which was a bad thing to do. We talk on the phone a few times and we were Facebook friends. She works nights and had the day off the next day. She calls me to come over around 11pm and we can hang out the whole next day. I was like okay. I go to her place and we talk for a bit. We play same games and she brings out 2 shots of same sweet liquor (80% Proof). I told her that I don't really drink anymore and she was like I don't want to drink alone. I told her that I was here and you can drink if you want. So she had like 5 shots in a 2 hour period. I taste the shot and that was all I wanted. So she was drunk until we went to sleep. I woke up around the same time with her and she ask if I wanted breakfast, I said yes and she cook eggs and french toast. We were going to go out for our date. Well, when I got my food, I saw that the bottle of liquor was open. I thought that she dump it out but no she was drinking again. It was around noon at the time but we just woke up. I was surprise and I knew we were not going to go anywhere because she was going to get drunk again. A few hours later she was drunk. She said that it was too hot and didn't want to go out. I knew this was going to happen when I saw her drinking again. I told her that you need to get sober and rest now and we can talk again next week.

Funny how being on the other side of things can be an eye opener.

P.S.: She has being calling me and text me and I'm just ignoring her. Don't want to be around someone that drinks a lot when they have the day off.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good call, act! You need to put yourself first and stay sober. Tasting shots and babysitting drunks won't help you do that.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Might be a little more generous and sensitive by explaining the situation and your reaction, rather than blowing her off without any communication. But hey, your call.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notmyrealname View Post
Might be a little more generous and sensitive by explaining the situation and your reaction, rather than blowing her off without any communication. But hey, your call.
I did told her about the drinking in the morning. If she wants to drink that way then more power to her but I'm not there to judge people. In time she will learn.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Great job!

You are living the advice expressed on SR almost daily.

Sobriety for ourselves has to be number one or it doesn't work.

There are a lot of other sober women to move on to!

Best to you!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on your strength and resolve! bravo dear!!! I agree with all here... It's hard enough to squash our own demons and stay sober... dont add an alcoholic girlfriend to the mix..it will only be detrimental to your own recovery... It's not about judging her..its simply letting her know that you are a recovering alcoholic and you cannot associate nor date someone who drinks because it will impair your own recovery... and as someone said..there ARE plenty of woman who do not drink that im sure would love to be with you keep the faith!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Great job, Actionpack! And congrats on 30 days today!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I gotta say I'm actually more worried about you in this situation act10N.

I can remember times when I was newly sober and I thought it OK to be aroiund drinkers playing drinking games and tasting shots too....but it wasn't.

I'm not trying to beat you up..and I'm glad you got out pretty much unscathed...but cmon - thats really not a situation for anyone here to be in, man.

I took a long time to accept that I needed to change my lifestyle if I wanted to stay sober....

be smarter than I was act10N.
D
Old 07-03-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

In all the time I did internet dating, 96% of the people I met drank just like me. I never stipulated 'drinkers only' or anything, it just seems that a lot of the people doing that are alcoholics too...maybe. That's my unofficial very scientific poll... Personally I had to knock the dating on the head a bit. I'm not sure early sobriety is a healthy time to be thinking rationally.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
So I met this girl on craigslist which was a bad thing to do. We talk on the phone a few times and we were Facebook friends. She works nights and had the day off the next day. She calls me to come over around 11pm and we can hang out the whole next day. I was like okay. I go to her place and we talk for a bit. We play same games and she brings out 2 shots of same sweet liquor (80% Proof). I told her that I don't really drink anymore and she was like I don't want to drink alone. I told her that I was here and you can drink if you want. So she had like 5 shots in a 2 hour period. I taste the shot and that was all I wanted. So she was drunk until we went to sleep. I woke up around the same time with her and she ask if I wanted breakfast, I said yes and she cook eggs and french toast. We were going to go out for our date. Well, when I got my food, I saw that the bottle of liquor was open. I thought that she dump it out but no she was drinking again. It was around noon at the time but we just woke up. I was surprise and I knew we were not going to go anywhere because she was going to get drunk again. A few hours later she was drunk. She said that it was too hot and didn't want to go out. I knew this was going to happen when I saw her drinking again. I told her that you need to get sober and rest now and we can talk again next week.

Funny how being on the other side of things can be an eye opener.

P.S.: She has being calling me and text me and I'm just ignoring her. Don't want to be around someone that drinks a lot when they have the day off.
You met a drunk girl on Craigslist and slept with her ??!! You tasted the shot ??!!

I always thought you bought lawnmowers and televisions on Craigslist.

Whatever .........

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 07-03-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Being open and honest from the very
beginning can help me avoid setting
myself for the unexpected. Recovery
to me is extremely important as well
as being sober with a program of recovery
to live upon and incorperate in my everyday
life.

Relationships have many emotions
attached to it and being sober for a period
of time so that I can use it in my marriage
or relationships is also important.

I remind myself often that if I dont have
sobriety or a life of recovery then I dont
have anything else. All that other stuff,
material things, relationships, come and
go, but a solid foundation to live a happy,
joyous and addiction free life on is for a
lifetime to enjoy, cherish, appreciate and
be grateful for.

No one can take that away from me.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job staying strong. There are plenty of women out there who are not drinkers. My wife is not a drinker, glass of wine or 2 once in a great while when we go for a nice dinner, and for some reason she put up with alot in relations to my drinking, getting drunk at family gathering, at home, coming home in the afternoon lit up, and being an overall embarassment at times. I agree it is something else when you are on the sober end watching others get drunk, it's not very attractive and a bit of a turn-off. If you are looking to meet non-drinkers might I suggest looking into joining groups where drinking isn't part of the event, hiking groups, bike riding clubs, things like that. JMTC.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Don't forget the Craiglist's Killer.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yeah, I agree with Dee... my two last relapses were when i was around drinkers. I find it worrisome that you "tasted" the shot?

I think that you handled the situation well by being honest with her, and letting her know why you're reluctant to see her again.

Mini hijack: you had a sleepover the day before your date? I'd never thought of that one, good one For my next date I'll invite the dude over a day in advance, maybe I can get him to clean the windows J/J ((Action))
Old 07-03-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

AWESOME! You Rock!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mattcake View Post
Yeah, I agree with Dee... my two last relapses were when i was around drinkers. I find it worrisome that you "tasted" the shot?

I think that you handled the situation well by being honest with her, and letting her know why you're reluctant to see her again.

Mini hijack: you had a sleepover the day before your date? I'd never thought of that one, good one For my next date I'll invite the dude over a day in advance, maybe I can get him to clean the windows J/J ((Action))

Lol good one.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steve07 View Post
Lol good one.
Well, she cooked Action brekkie ... even if it was an excuse to get tipsy. My idea could work!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by Mattcake View Post
Well, she cooked Action brekkie ... even if it was an excuse to get tipsy. My idea could work!
Let me know if it works...I might hit up craigslist...my house could use a good cleaning!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Action.. I don't think this girl is good to be around. I do think I'd explain in a little more detail (over the phone) that her behavior is really hard to be around and it's not a good idea to keep seeing her.

Good luck to you.