Notices

My HP was working for me tonight

Old 07-02-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

My HP was working for me tonight

The topic of tonight's meeting was about the honeymoon period and much of what was said related to how I have been feeling this past week of thinking I don't need AA anymore- I have it all figured out.

Also at the meeting was the woman I wanted to ask to be my new sponsor. I asked her and she said yes and I am so excited to start working with her!!! Now I need to call my old one and break up...
Old 07-02-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Coincidences ?? ..... I think not.

You can make that call.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are going well.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's always nice when you hear what you need to hear and see who you need to see aeo...Sounds like a great meeting!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm really happy for you aeo. You have been much on my mind. I was really worried that i was going to see you posting a relapse thread at some point and my heart was going out to you. I can't tell you how gladdened i am by your post. I've recently been in the same situation where i felt that i no longer needed meetings or AA or step work and it took my husband giving me the hairy eyeball and telling me i was a relapse waiting to happen for me to see what was going on. You're a strong soul and a wise one. Keep up the great work.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
I'm really happy for you aeo. You have been much on my mind. I was really worried that i was going to see you posting a relapse thread at some point and my heart was going out to you. I can't tell you how gladdened i am by your post. I've recently been in the same situation where i felt that i no longer needed meetings or AA or step work and it took my husband giving me the hairy eyeball and telling me i was a relapse waiting to happen for me to see what was going on. You're a strong soul and a wise one. Keep up the great work.
I think about so many of you all as well during the day. It's funny how people we don't know in "real" life can be such a lifesaver! I also spend time wondering what you all look like and if I were to see you and talk to you if I'd be able to place you.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Some of my best days followed my worst ones. Give yourself a pat on the back for going to a meeting - so glad the way things worked out!:ghug3
Old 07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Aeo,

I am so glad to read your post and that you are back on track. As you know I don't get to many meeting but I am lining up to go to a new one about 50 kms away.

This will be my home group and I too and hoping to get stuck into step work.

Love
CaiHong