Notices

I only have faith in what is good and what is good

Old 07-01-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I only have faith in what is good and what is good

I'm not sure what to write on here, so I'm just going to ramble. I've been doing drugs since I was 17. I drink and take benzos every day; I'm about to black out for the third time today, but I'll do whatever I can get. Sometimes I think I'm anorexic; my BMI fluctuates between about 15 and 17. Right now I'm on trial. I don't really know how to get help because I'm poor and have no friends. What's up?
Old 07-01-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please do go to an ER and tell them what's going on
Call someone to drive you or use 911..
The mixing of benzo's and alcohol can kill you.

Welcome...
Old 07-01-2012, 11:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Avalanches (appropriate name!)

Is this your first attempt to stop? If so, letīs also make it your last

Your priorities: first, to safely come off alcohol and benzos (checking, you *are* seeking recovery, right?) You will need a doctor right away for that. I'm not sure how you'd be able to access on in the US, hopefully the next few posters will have suggestions. Okay, do what Carol, call 911.

A doc should be able to determine if your BMI changes are substance-induced, anorexia, other causes.. and hopefully diet guidelines.

You'll need to stay off drugs, benzos and alcohol. This is the crucial part. The key is to reach out, you're not alone. Here in SR you'll have plenty of support. Some other options include recovery programmes such as AA/NA, SMART, LifeRing.. These are free of charge (have you ever attended a meeting?). Again, reach out a lot, and you'll be able to stay drug free. by doing so, you'll also make friends.

This is the basic plan, in my opinion at least. The trial part is way over my head, maybe if you gave us more details we'd be able to see how it could fit in.

Keep posting, don't go anywhere And welcome to SR.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi avalanches
There some great advice here - I'd also encourage you to get checked out, at the ER if you're concerned and you need help now that may be the best option for you right now.

Free or low cost clinics may be another option.
Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics

As far as being poor, there's a lot of us who are poor - recovery comes in lots of guises - free programmes like AA, SMART etc.

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

The Salvation Army also run free rehabs in many places if you think you need a rehab programme, so nothing need be off the board because you've not got money...check with your local SA group

There's a lot of support encouragement and advice here too - and it won't cost you a penny either

Welcome to SR
D
Old 07-02-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Avalanches, worried about you. Please check in Lots of people here to support you.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everyone! I guess I took sort of a sideways step today. I started prostituting myself out, but I'm also starting to form a relationship with someone who I think could be a good influence on me. I'll update again later. Happy fourth of July!
Old 07-04-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Avalanches,

How about sitting in on an AA meeting? It might be good to form some relationships with people there too for when you decide to quit x