the rose

Old 01-06-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the rose

Hi Folks, I am reading a great book - The Da Vinci Code and came to a part about Roses. I think it is interesting. The Rose was used by Romans to hang over meetings to indicate the meeting was confidential. Also Rosa Rugosa, one of the oldest species of rose, had five petals and pentagonal symmetry, just like the guiding star of Venus, giving the Rose strong iconographic ties to womanhood. The Rose had strong ties to the concept of "true direction" and navigating one's way.

When I chose Rose56 as my name here, perhaps on some level I knew I was finding true direction!! Well it has certainly turned out that way!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rose

"The DaVinci Code" is a great book. If you like that one, you will like "Angels and Demons" which also a thriller about Robert Langdon.
I love symbology and finding out what things mean. It seems your inner self was calling when you chose "Rose" as your screen name. Keep listening to that voice Rose.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The rose has always been one of my favourite flowers, perhaps because of its delicate beauty, and it has also been one of my favourite names.

When I was a little girl, I had an Aunt Rose and she was such a lady and a natural beauty and the sweetest lady I think I have ever met. Aunt Rose always had a nice word for everyone and yet she would never tolerate anyone who was mean or who swore. We used to say that Aunt Rose had her thorns out when she ran into anyone being unkind.

I love the symbol and I think the name suits you, Rose.

Hugs
Ann
Old 01-07-2004, 03:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Beautiful name for a beautiful person!! Thanks for sharing that Rose. I also enjoy finding out these symbolism things
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
interior.rose.0815-1s.jpg (4.6 KB, 49 views)