Notices

I am sober and looking forwardt to a summer without alcohol.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am sober and looking forwardt to a summer without alcohol.

I am sick and tired of drinking and feeling hungover. So this will stop now. My plans is to try to have a good summer working and I will be traning for a 10k- run or something this fall.

That is something that will keep me away from alcohol.

I have been having horrible nightmares about my dead mother tells me that she has has enough with the drama that sometimes is connected with my drinking and do not want to see me anymore. In the dream she even faked her own death to get away from me. I know it sounds crazy but I am having this dream a lot and wakes up on the verge of crying everytime
Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's great to have a goal to work towards with your running. And, yeah, maybe the dream is trying to send you a message. I hope you enjoy your summer.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here's to an amazing, eye opening sober summer for us both, Roselian! You can do this. I also believe dreams can tell us a lot about our conscience and circumstances. I also had some pretty telling nightmares toward the end of my drinking time. 56 days later, things are getting better every day and I feel my karma has improved. Maybe.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Roselian, are you going to AA meetings?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 07-01-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Hey! I will be enjoying a sober summer too. I am going to starting training for my 7th and 8th half marathons this fall in August. Gives me something to look forward too.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am also looking forward to a sober summer. Training for a 10k sounds like a positive way to spend your time.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a great decision Roselian

D
Old 07-01-2012, 02:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I remember thinking how not fun my first summer without booze would be. Then I had to be honest - it hadn't been fun in many years. I'd ruined all my vacations & holidays by drinking myself into a stupor. How can you enjoy what you can't even feel? Congratulations on your plans to have a sober summer - all of you! You won't be phoning it in this year.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm loving this summer without alcohol! I was afraid I couldn't enjoy summer without it but it's been great!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Professional Drunk

Hi Rose,
I spent last summer completely sober after rehab. I stayed at my parents' place and it was a super boring summer, but I was up every morning early and not one regret as a result of drunken behaviour. Good luck!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Too True Roselian. I am looking forward to my first summer without drinking as well. Luckily I have moved across the country (to MT) so there is not a beach in sight. For some reason the beach brings out the rum and boxed wine with me. I cant wait to regain my energy so that I can start hiking and training for a 5k in Sept. GOOD LUCK.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Honestly, I am scared to death of going all summer without drinking!

But then I remind myself to just take it one day at a time. I've already made it through 3 weeks of warm weather without the booze.

Then I also remind myself of all the past summer events in which I started out having fun with a drink but ended up causing major trouble - trouble with my relationships with my family, saying stupid things and acting stupid around my friends, physically hurting my body and the terrible hangovers, the risky behavior, the lost memories because I was too drunk to even know what was going on. Whew. And I won't go into all the details here but I can think of a few vivid details of past drunken behavior that I really don't ever want to repeat!

So this summer, at least I will be lucid enough to do things my way and to enjoy them!

And good luck with training for your running race - I love to run, too, and it really keeps me grounded.

tara
Old 07-01-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

When I dream, it is all about me. If I dream about someone dying then it is a part of my ego dying, a part that I don't need anymore. To dream of a "fake" death, that may be saying your are faking something, or not telling the truth about something. Look into what your mother represented for you. That might help you on interpreting you dream.

I will spend my 1st summer sober also.