Notices

This time of the year, Glad I did my AA homework.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

This time of the year, Glad I did my AA homework.

Well just another beautiful summer morning here. Hot but summer is in full effect, people setting off fireworks last night could smell the powder. The grill,flowers,grass, and all summer smells, just love it. But also very dangerous time and easy for the mind and disease to try and tell me everything is okay to have a couple. I have to remember not to get to well to quick. Lots of hurdles still to arise.

Time for all those many things I have been shown and worked on in my AA program. That those things of preparation will help me carry thru and love summer even more this year. Those times at the ballpark, backyard parties,camping, and just strolling down the street. When I see those drinks that look so good, or the pub with the ice cold ac going and the sounds of laughing and carring on. Again those idea and pop in and say go ahead. I can use these tools and wake up tomorrow to know they work and I feel great. I never cared much for homework but the AA homework is crucial in keeping me from that first sip which would sent me right down the ugly slide. I know in a matter of days or a week or two I would be drinking as soon as I could when I awoke till I pass out.

Well with this new way of life , I or we do not ever have to wake up with those awful feelings of shame and remorse. So today I am grateful to head up to the rec center and have a nice swim, then a nice walk to a sat night meeting, and finally home to the cool house and relax and reflect on what a gift sobriety is today.

So I hope everyone can have a lovely day and smile cause sobriety looks good on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good love, Inda:
Old 06-30-2012, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great reminder thanks