How did you handle

Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How did you handle

My AH birthday is Monday and I have no intentions of calling or texting him and sending well wishes, I am not feeling guilty about my decision what I am wanting to know is ways that people here have helped themselves get through those special days, holidays, birthdays, etc..

I do have a meeting that night which I am very grateful for.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A rough one,as the person I was helping has a birthday coming up.
It ALWAYS turns into "Since YOU called ME first...." and then she tries to hit me up
for .......whatever.
N/C (no contact) solves a multitude of worries.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cynical,
THAT'S funny!!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wish I was getting through it just fine ughhh, he is likely sleeping and will be partying all day and here I am can't sleep, insane. I have been doing step work and reading, tried watching a movie I don't know why it is hard for me but I do know the day can't last forever lol so all is good.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My ex's birthday isn't for a while. So I hadn't thought about that. But it's hard when a special day comes up and you've come to expect it to be with your husband. It sounds like you're being strong and have a plan in place to keep yourself busy with the meeting so good for you.

Keep your head up and before you know it, the day will be over
Old 07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel ya. I had a hard time on all holidays and really any special day. Maybe some yoga? Fresh air? Treat yourself to a mani/pedi. Disconnect from technology. Think about all the cool things you want to became. Have a glass of wine and watch a really good movie. Accept it is painful. Breath. Try hard to not let it affect YOUR health. Of course, all this is easy to say. My sons birthday I was filled with anxiety/sadness. Hang in there. You are not alone.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by crazybabie View Post
My AH birthday is Monday and I have no intentions of calling or texting him and sending well wishes, I am not feeling guilty about my decision what I am wanting to know is ways that people here have helped themselves get through those special days, holidays, birthdays, etc..

I do have a meeting that night which I am very grateful for.
Well...

My birthday was just two weeks ago. My AXGF's been gone for almost six months now. And to me, what she did -- her ultimate betrayal of me -- is really a gift. Because what she did there was simply no recovering from. We were unequivocally done. So, on my birthday, I was thankful for my bandmates, because every single one of them texted me and wished me happy birthday. I was happy and thankful for my friends and my family, and I was happy that I found this board because, after reading everyone's stories, I realized that although I may be codependant, I'm not sick in the way my AXGF is sick. And I was especially happy that she's long gone. She is, without a doubt, the most duplicitous, manipulative, sadistic person I've had the misfortunate of knowing, and a cheating wh*re to boot.

I guess the overall point is instead of thinking about what you may have lost, think about all the things you have and be thankful for that.

Best,
ZoSo
Old 07-13-2012, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
The first year after parting ways, SWIM (someone who isn't me) used her well honed codie detective skills to hack into the voicemail of his new girlfriend and erased all his messages to her making plans for his birthday. I understand they had a huge fight over her not responding. So, I got through that day just fine. muhahaha

By the next year, I forgot when his birthday was.
I don't know how I missed this but....:rotfxko

Seriously, I am shocked!!

:rotfxko