Notices

First Day

Old 06-26-2012, 11:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Day

Hi all , today am feeling really low i got drunk last night and rowed with partner, i know its my own fault and that when i drink i get drunk,, i can go weeks with not drinking then for some reason i just fall of the rails and do the stupid thing, not sure what to do or how to cope with this , but i do know i have a problem and need to sort it
Old 06-26-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aj2210

You'll find a lot of support and good ideas here
Welcome

ps I moved your thread to this forum - more responses here

D
Old 06-26-2012, 11:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome

First day to doing something and making a change. Stick around and keep posting.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Aj I totally understand where you're coming from - been there SO many times. Thankfully not for a couple of months now, but well remember waking up feeling ill, depressed, guilty and confused. You know, the alcohol in your system is gonna make you feel 'low' before you even start on the other things. Give yourself a hug, and try and get some water / fruit juice inside you. Things will start to look a little better as the hours tick by, I promise. Hugs to ya x
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Welcome aj, lots of help here.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I used to be able to go weeks without drinking, but just having that one drink would always end in the same way - I would ALWAYS get blind drunk despite any sort of rules I set for myself. Glad you're here. There's lots of support.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aj2210 View Post
i know its my own fault and that when i drink i get drunk,, i can go weeks with not drinking then for some reason i just fall of the rails and do the stupid thing, not sure what to do or how to cope with this , but i do know i have a problem and need to sort it
Welcome to SR AJ....This is a great site for support....What you are doing is called binge drinking and it's no different than someone that drinks everyday...All day...Like I did. Once we start...We can't stop...The only thing that stopped me was I either ran out of money to buy more....Or I passed out. I have a few friends in AA that drank like you do...And from what they tell me...Those weeks of not drinking start to get closer and closer together....It progresses. Read this piece out of the Big Book and see if it makes sense to you....It made perfect sense to me. I'm glad you are here.

The Doctor's Opinion