Desensitized, Demoralized and Dehumanized

Old 06-25-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Desensitized, Demoralized and Dehumanized

(I wrote this about meth, but honestly .. addiction is addiction is addiction ..)

Meth is known to some as the "Walk away drug" Mother's and Father's walk away from their kids, husbands walk away from their wife's visa versa ..

What started out as 'partying' turns into an ambush of oneself .. obviated by meth the addict falls further and further away spiraling down into the land of who gives a fk .. the more you use .. the less you care .. We are pulled further away by the force of our addiction and the need to feed it .. its a gotta have or die without situation ..

With each hit .. a lil more of ourselves diminish along with all that we once had .. it all falls prey to the addiction .. as the addiction progresses it shows its face in our workplace, home life .. we begin to lose our ability to function as a 'normal human being' and it shows in our everyday life's and dealings with employers, spouses and loved ones ..

In time we lose the ability to work or hold down a job .. we lose the desire to be home with the spouse .. where the kids are concerned .. honestly 'addicts don't got no time for kids .. regardless of the fact the addicts role is mom or dad' .. Children become bothersome to the addict and represent far to much responsibility and are high maintenance ....

The ugly truth is We wanna use in 'peace' not be bothered by kids .. We ain't got no time for no kids. Addiction is 100 elfish .. and the more the addict has to give time to you and the kids the less he has to do his thing ..

The more he/she has to put out to work, bills, family time .. the less he has to invest in his addiction ..

The addicts main focus is to get high .. anything that requires anything else of the addict .. becomes a sore spot and a nuisance .. even 'the kids'

Again .. the more we use the less we care .. we lose jobs, vehicles, homes, personal property and belongings right down to loved ones . all gets left in the wake of our addiction ..

Meth desensitizes, demoralizes, and dehumanizes us ..

Striping away at us .. until we've lost all our sanity, freedom .. and worse case scenario some even lose their lives ..

This drug has no limits and calls for 100% absolute loyalty from its users ..
It takes what it wants and leaves nothing ... but a shell of what once was.

Unless the meth user seeks 'true' recovery .. there are no happy endings

Passion
Old 06-25-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Beautiful post.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And you chose to put this on this forum rather than the forum for addicts, why?

We know drug usage sux and destroys. We are the victims of other people's drug usage. We have been forced to watch unwillingly our loved ones destroy themselves. You aren't telling us anything we don't know.

But on the forum set up for addicts, it might be useful, for people who aren't convinced their addictions are bad news and destructive, for people still in denial.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think nytepassion put it here because it would serve no purpose
to someone in active addiction (they don't care).....
But for us,it is useful.It perfectly illustrates the mind set and
why helping/enabling is SUCH a no win,dead end pursuit.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It helped me today. I am still thinking my son is "himself" and this post is an illustration to the state of mind of active addiction. Thank you Nyte Passion,
Old 06-25-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SadHeart View Post
You aren't telling us anything we don't know.
This is one of those times where "take what you need and leave the rest" comes into play (some newbie enablers are clueless).

For what it's worth, I was annoyed too, and I'm not sure why. I also had to remind myself of that saying/advice.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I think it's a great post! It really helps understand the mindset of a person in the throes of addiction.

Thank you, Nytepassion!!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by SadHeart View Post
And you chose to put this on this forum rather than the forum for addicts, why?

We know drug usage sux and destroys. We are the victims of other people's drug usage. We have been forced to watch unwillingly our loved ones destroy themselves. You aren't telling us anything we don't know.

But on the forum set up for addicts, it might be useful, for people who aren't convinced their addictions are bad news and destructive, for people still in denial.
I chose to put this here on this forum because its give you an eye into how drug addiction affects a person. There are many who come here and asked why? Why doesn't he/she care? What did I do? It can help explain the why's.

Many here have not ever used drugs and have no clue as to why the addict behaves the way they do. I hope to help them understand.

This is a forum where addicts reside. Many here are addicted to their addict, they are addicted to trying to love the addiction way, fix, rescue, enabling, codependency they don't even know what their doing in the name of helping their addict can be bad news and destructive. They are in denial. I was once one of those people. Now I am here sharing my story, my experiences with the hope and heart that even if it helps just one person (aside from myself) then I all that I have gone through is not in vain.

Passion