Notices

starting again

Old 06-24-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

starting again

Today i start my recovery all over again. I relapsed with cocaine last night. i have gone 90 days 60 days. This is about my 4th slip up, blip or whatever its called. i want to so badly never use this crap again. The depresswd feelings i feel the day after use are terrible i hate it. i wouldent consider myself a heavy user, but every so often too many drinks leads to sevral lines. My girlfriend is very supportive of my recovery, i cant thank her enough for her support. So basically im going to give up drinking, i have never used coke without bein under the influence of alcohol. i want sobriety so bad, i feel that i can really do this. Im glad i came across this site, and heres to about 19 hours of sobriety, and hopefully many more. Please share any tips or advice you have for me i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! You will find a lot of love, wisdom and support here. Keep posting and reading!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you can do it man, stay on this site, read, read and then read some more, there's lots of great people here that will help you stay sober, just reach out as you have. more people will chime in soon
Old 06-24-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there! Never, never, never give up!
Old 06-24-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Mmcc84

D
Old 06-24-2012, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dca

I haven't even been sober for a day but I'm trying really hard to stop. Have any advice?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Focus on thr road directly ahead of you for now and take it one day (even one hour or one minute) at a time. Start coming up with a sobriety plan. What steps are you going to take in your life to prevent a relapse? Are you going to attend meetings like AA? Get a sponsor? Don't just try to stumble blindly into sobriety. Plan for it. When the craving hits (and it will) what immediate action can you take to prevent you from taking that drink? Call a friend? Go to a meeting? Post on SR? Read a book on recovery? Whatever you do, don't get caught flatfooted. Be active in your recovery.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

Good move. Clean is good and easier once you are free of the struggle
Old 06-25-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm an alcoholic. What helped me the most in early sobriety was exercise. Hot, hard, sweaty exercise. I believe the exercise helps to get the toxins out. You may have itching. This was worse with my feet. This is toxins getting out of the liver. It gave me white splotchy dots on my hands and arms. I found it helpful to count days on the calendar. Some do not like to count, but I do. AA has a sobriety calculator you can google if you want. It tells hours, minutes and even sober breaths. I like It! Exercise also releases hormones which make you feel good. Best thoughts to you. Sobriety rocks!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Welcome

Have you thought about how to be sober, with a focus or group such as NA. Its so much better to have people around you f2f.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I want to thank everone for your comments and support. It feels good. This morning is kinda rough im still feelig alitle bit depressed because of my slip up. I belleive sober time will help cure that. Im going to take additional steps besides seeing my doctor to help me with sobriety
Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Don't beat yourself up for what is already done. Brush yourself off and keep going. You got this!!!