depressed

Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

depressed

Just depressed today. Sad that my xah has finally disappeared, but think it is for the best. I hope he stays gone forever. Sad that our family has been destroyed. Upset and angry that my xah's mother and sister are in complete denial. They enable and spoil him. They are afraid to stand up to him for fear they will loose him. I need to let this go. I have no control over what they do. They are thoughtless and clueless. They did something I cannot forgive and continue to judge me and live in denial. I have set my boundries. But, I have lost so much. Just a bad day. I really am heading in the right direction emotionally.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Aww, sweetie, the bad days won't last forever.

It takes time to heal, it takes time to regain our balance and to feel healthy enough to move forward.

Just keep taking care of you and don't worry about what anyone else is or is not doing. Your life is yours to live, in the best way you know how. What others think matters not one whit.

Hugs
Old 06-24-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by story74 View Post
Just depressed today. Sad that my xah has finally disappeared, but think it is for the best. I hope he stays gone forever. Sad that our family has been destroyed. Upset and angry that my xah's mother and sister are in complete denial. They enable and spoil him. They are afraid to stand up to him for fear they will loose him. I need to let this go. I have no control over what they do. They are thoughtless and clueless. They did something I cannot forgive and continue to judge me and live in denial. I have set my boundries. But, I have lost so much. Just a bad day. I really am heading in the right direction emotionally.
And the bad days will happen. The good news is as time goes on, the bad days become fewer and farther between when you least suspect it. There's nothing you can do about your ex-mother or ex-sister-in-law except pray for them. When things really stink, just acknowledge in your mind and tell yourself this is where you are right now, and it won't be forever.

Be safe.

ZoSo
Old 06-24-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 06-24-2012, 04:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi story,

sorry to hear about your day, but agree w/ the others; bad days come and they also go. sometimes we just need to feel sad for a little bit and then we will feel better.

we're in the same boat. my AH just spent a whole week visiting with his family (his parents, his grandmother, etc.), all the people we used to visit together. evidently, it hasn't crossed anyones mind to be at least bit concerned about his drug issues. so sad and upsetting, but in a way at least we know now what are we dealing with. imagine if the pretending went on and we spent much more time in denial.

you are on the right track. and you are soo strong. you know that you are doing what's best for your family. it is ok to be sad. tomorrow is another day. keep your head up. it will be ok.

and as for your family being destroyed, i feel you completely. i like to think about it as if a part of our body being affected by an illness. sometimes, the body can be healed and saved intact and sometimes we may need a surgery. with surgery, there is pain, but the wound does heal and we keep on living productive and beautiful lives. and our families are not destoyed, they just needed to get better which they do with every day passing.

hugs to you and your son. i will be thinking of you guys today. stay strong and kiss your little one.

hugs and hope.:ghug3
Old 06-24-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First, feelings are never right or wrong, they just are.
I felt much like you-
Originally Posted by story74 View Post
Sad that our family has been destroyed. .
It is okay, to feel those feelings, at the same time, I want to offer my ES&H.
I THOUGHT my family was destroyed.. and for a time, to be honest- it sure was! My vision, My dream. What I wanted for my kids, myself and my ex, too.

But today- our family is thriving. Not perfect, not some american dream come true. Just an honest home, caring one, respectful one. No secrets. Ah.. certainly no "disappearing" acts. If anything, we understand each other, and are very conscious of that trigger.

Feel your sadness, at the same time know, you can build a family, a healthy one. Stay strong.